A Departure From the Silicon Valley Across the Country to a Clear Night in New England

Yesterday I took place in the San Jose Flyout hosted by… I’m sure you can guess who @BigBert10. 25 people were signed up but only 5 showed up. I took the JetBlue A320 and flew from San Jose to Boston. It was a fun change for me as I usually fly from SFO and I don’t do very many trans-continental flights. I took off at 12 PM PST and landed in Boston just before 8 PM EST for a final flight time of 4 hours and 42 minutes. We had beautiful views of the deserts of Nevada and the Rocky Mountains in Colorado before the sun set over the boring cornfields of Iowa. A nice 100 knot tailwind helped us on the flight so we cruised at about 575 knots Ground Speed.

Flight Details

Route: SAN JOSE ~ BOSTON
Route: KSJC ~ KBOS / SJC ~ BOS
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Airline: JetBlue
Callsign: JetBlue 643
Distance: 2,689 Miles
Distance: 2,336 Nautical Miles
Flight Time: 4 Hours 42 Minutes
Flight Plan:

Attendees at the Flyout

Set Up By: @BigBert10

Pilots:
@PlaneCrazy • Memphis • FedEx • MD-11F
@Captain_Awerty • Indianapolis • FedEx • MD-11F
@Kacey • Kahului • Southwest • 737-800
@Bryce_D • Kona • Alaska • 737-900
@NoahM • Boston • JetBlue • A320-200

Ready time taxi as the FedEx MD-11F’s finish loading their cargo Off the ground and off to Boston! Even though I’d much rather be on that flight to Kona Banking out of San Jose as we overfly Santa Clara My favorite landmark of the Bay Area is the Pink salt flats seen off the left side of the plane Climbing past the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta that provides water to one of the most agriculturally important areas of the United States. The Central Valley of California Overflying the mountains of the ghost-town of Strawberry, Nevada Flying toward darkness as the sun quickly sets over central Iowa After cruising past Toronto and Albany we descended into Boston and flew in over the bay toward runway 27 The lights of the A320 cockpit glow in the darkness Touching down behind a Delta 757 at its gate #ReworkThe757

As always please leave comments and again, thanks to @BigBert10 for setting this up!

19 Likes

Beautiful photos!
It seems like your poll isn’t working. Might wanna fix that 🙂

1 Like

Thanks for attending the event. I wasn’t able to show up because i had a last minute trip to Seattle, so I wasn’t able to properly organize the event

I see there weren’t any problems that occurred so thank you. I’ll make another one out of SJC in the future, but for now, thanks for showing up 😃

@NoahM I don’t think you performed the TECKY 3 departure (the right loop) so next time you fly out of SJC, I could happily show you the loop departure from the 30 runways

2 Likes

Wow! Incredible shots! The Bay Area scenery looks really amazing and the following two shots quoted below are my absolute favourites of the post showcasing the great scenery and colours!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I love your photos. The United States has some of the most stunning scenery.

1 Like

I guess you can’t put it inside a “hide details” box 😢

Yeah I was climbing through 3,000 ft when I saw your message about the turn and I saw the 2 MD11s behind me follow it, but I’ll be sure to do it next time I fly out of SJC!

The colors especially around SF are really vivid which is one of the reasons I love flying around it

1 Like

Thanks! I love flying around especially the West Coast because of its scenery

Incredible keep the great work up. ! :) 👌🤙

1 Like

These 2 are too bright. Reduce the brightness. Cool photos

2 Likes

@AlphaSeven disagree they both look good. Maybe in the dark they look bright, bit with lights on the look 🔥

1 Like

It just looks like its too misty. We all have our opinions.

1 Like

Agree. All good. 🤙

1 Like

One of the most realistic photos I’ve ever seen

1 Like

Thank you @ThomasThePro!

Thanks for the feedback! My phone is at half brightness and I actually think they’re too dark, but personal preference I guess 😂

2 Likes

Thanks! That means a lot @Aris2017

1 Like