A Delta Transcon: ATL-LAX on the Airbus A350

Haven’t done one of these in quite sometime, so I decided to share some shots of my flight this late evening. I operated Delta Airlines Flight 942, a real-life flight on the A350 currently. Normally this flight departs in the late afternoon, but I chose to leave around 12 noon for better lighting conditions. SimBrief estimated a flight duration of 4 Hours and 16 Minutes, we ended up shaving 3 minutes off that in the end however. Winds were friendly, with an average component of 57kts and light turbulence. The final descent over the mountainous terrain in SoCal provided some moderate chop, other than that it was a great trip. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Flight Info
Airline: Delta Airlines
Route: Atlanta, GA (ATL) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Callsign: Delta 942 “Heavy”
Equipment: Airbus A350-900
Flight Time: 4 Hours 13 Minutes

Matt Cochran catching us from the parking deck

A successful, stable derated takeoff from 9L, with company traffic holding.

Beautiful view of the Rolls Royce Trent XWB engine during the initial climb!

Incredible views from 38,000 feet. We alternated between FL380 and FL400 due to winds and more favorable ride conditions.

A classic In and Out Burger shot! Landing on the inboard 24L due to 24R being closed.

After a pleasant flight and a buttery -48fpm landing, we can enjoy LAX for a few days. Thanks for flying with me!

31 Likes

I like how you incorporate the real life fact that Runway 24R is currently closed

3 Likes

I try to be as realistic as I can, hence the landing on 24L. To be honest it felt strange, but it was nice to change things up once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

2 Likes

My pleasure

1 Like

Amazing photos keep up the good work

1 Like

Amazing photos!

1 Like

Thank you 🤙🏻

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them, I’ll be sure to post more.

1 Like

Luckily not for long. 24R is my favorite runway since it’s closest to my hose (pretty much walking distance) and December is the last month of the closure I believe.

2 Likes

I flew in there last night and the controller had me land on 24L which made me really happy and made it realistic. It was definitely odd though 😂.

2 Likes

It definitely felt strange, but it was cool landing the A350 close to the terminals, but I usually like the thrill of 24R because it’s a shorter runway. I always go for realism to the best of my ability!