A Dearth of ATC

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve noticed that, even though there are a lot of IFATCs, not sure of the exact number, there has been a lack of open regions. Is it just me, or have others noticed this?

3 Likes

Umm… Yes but no.

But remember some people get bored with nobody on (then everyone rushes in)

And have lives

6 Likes

Not sure. I can take a wild guess. School is ending at this time of the year for schools around the world. Finals, test preparations, etc. are more important than controlling a bunch of aviation enthusiasts on a mobile flight sim. 😄 Again, just a guess.

22 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for your input DeerCrusher!

2 Likes

Yeah, that statement in which you have just previously posted does seem to make the most sense to me personally.

1 Like

Exactly this.

I’ve just finished a month of senior projects, finals, AP exams, college credit, etc. Most schools in my state and many others are wrapping up with finals of their own. Remember, we do this for a hobby.

Also, depends on what time of the day you catch ATC. Caribbean was staffed well this evening, with SoFlo right behind in the morning.

9 Likes

School would take precedence, I agree. Thanks for the feedback!

With that being said, you could probably expect things to pick up in a few weeks.

4 Likes

Or maybe I should try out for ATC? hmmmmm

Things IFATC retain upon joining:

School, work, spouses, children, extended family, friends, hobbies, other obligations, the need to eat and sleep, etc.

11 Likes

You’re not just robots who sit on your screens 24/7 giving us the pleasure of 24 coverage of airports?..my life is a lie.

11 Likes

If you ask nicely, we can set it all aside.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do that…I mean I’d ask nicely but your real lives are more important than my pleasure. Good work on controlling thought Tim. You are a very reliable controller and I know you control when you can. So thank you.

4 Likes

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/dearth

4 Likes

I stand corrected. Thanks for the lesson 👍🏼.

1 Like

I must say that all of my experiences with ATC have been great. Their work is appreciated. I’m looking forward to increased coverage.

I won’t lie- “dearth” is a word I’ve never heard before. Impressive. And coming from someone like myself, plenty of people can attest that few words escape my dictionary. Learned something today!

12 Likes

Well I guess you learn something new everyday ;)

1 Like

That I find surprising. Interesting.

Not commonly used, admittedly, but still.

1 Like

I’ll control more often if you finish writing my 15 page research paper and all my college application essays ;)

4 Likes