Imagine a day where the skies over the beautiful Grand Canyon are full of small, general aviation aircraft, all carving there way through the skies, traversing unknown lands, mere spots on the horizon. Imagine an airport packed with 90 avid pilots, 90 slim aircraft, ready to adventure. Imagine no large jets, no beasts of the skies, just GA. This is what I am attenpting to achieve with this flyout, a one off experience where all us GA lovers can unite and fly, all whilst gazing down upon the stunning scenery which lays below!
What purpose does KGCN serve in the real world + a little history?
KGCN started as a small landing field, engulfed by thousands and thousands of trees back in 1925. A few decades later, in 1967, a new terminal was officially completed, still serving the thousands of aircraft which land and take-off from there every year. It may seem like a bit of an unknown airport, but that is not true! KGCN used to see passenger jets such as the BAE146 and DC9, connecting tourists and business personal to various cities such as Las Vegas. It’s also accommodated 767’s and even Air Force 1 (VC-25) when President Obama visited back in 2009. Now the airport serves as a tourism hub, operating scenic flights over the grand canyon which is only located a few KM away! With 90 GA stands, it can easily accommodate a lot of GA aircraft, proving for a potentially magnificent flyout! Read more about KGCN here:
Main event details
- expert server
- 2020-02-15T19:30:00Z = Saturday
- Cessna citation
- Cessna 172
- Cessna 208
- Daher TBM
- Please do not use any aircraft which are not found under the ‘permitted aircraft’ section
- If ATC is present, please act sensibly! I, as the event creator, am not responsible for any ghostings or violations which may be given to you
- If there is not ATC, use UNICOM in a sensible manner to avoid being reported
- Please refrain from using unrealistic callsigns
- Most of all, just have fun and enjoy the event everyone!
thank you for taking the time to read my thread:)