A Day In The Life: Regional Pilot

Hey everyone!

I had a bunch of request from followers on my Instagram to do a “Day in the life” story one day to show what a day being a real airline pilot looks like! It’s something I never got to really see until I was literally doing it. I started it bright (I guess technically dark) and early this morning!

Feel free to drop by and check it out!
@First_Officer_Register on Instagram

If you have any direct questions feel free to reply to this thread or just DM me and I’ll try to answer as quick as I can!

13 Likes

What plane do you fly?

1 Like

Why are helicopter pilots much better then fixed wing pilots?

7 Likes

CRJ-900 only today! (We also fly the CRJ700 and CRJ200)

2 Likes

You got jokes Mark!

1 Like

It’s basically public information so no biggie. Pay is around $40/hour with per diem too.
We’re hourly and by “hourly” I mean we get paid block or better. (Gate Push to parking)
If a flight is “blocked” at 2:00 and we do it in an 1:30 I still get paid 2:00. If it takes 2:30 then I get paid 2:30.

8 Likes

Oh okay nice to hear that.

1 Like

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

Really enjoying seeing the stories! Thanks for sharing the experience.

1 Like

Because @RotorGuy you can hover at 1hr tt 😂😂

1 Like

John Delta (or whatever the crazy guys name was) could

2 Likes

What airline do you fly for, where did you go to flight school, and why is Bombardier the superior regional airplane manufacturer? (Jokes, gotta rep my country)

1 Like

PSA Airlines (American Eagle)
I did my flight training in Myrtle Beach, SC
Went to school in Elizabeth City, NC and got my Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Science

Because its the nicest plane out there…eh? (Most Canadian thing I could think of)

1 Like

Lol. Thanks

I used to work a ton of PSA flights into KAGS a few years ago.
Hated the 200s but I enjoyed the 700/900s

2 Likes

Nice idea Andrew. I am also really enjoying the journey. More pilots need to do it

1 Like

Can’t say I’m enjoying it today. Lol (I mean I can but I can’t)

2 Likes

I was just there last week in a 7

1 Like

Nice! I was a Ramp sup there for a couple of years, but the upper management was a nightmare. I’ve heard it’s gotten better lately

You flying that route during Masters week? That’s a fun sight