A Cloudy Day In the Mountains of British Columbia to the Rolling Hills of Southern Germany

Vancouver to Munich

So a few days ago when the Canadian airports were featured, I decided to fly Vancouver to Munich for no other reason than I wanted a good overnighter, and Vancouver has cool mountains and views. Vancouver is the 8th biggest city in Canada with a population of just over 631,000 but is consistently ranked as one of the greatest cities to live in in the world. It’s airport is a major airport serving destinations in 5 of the 7 continents and with many short regional hops around Canada. Lufthansa flies this route in real life with their Airbus A350-900, so i used it too and flight time was 9 hours and 21 minutes.

Flight Details

CYVR-EDDM • YVR-MUC
Vancouver to Munich
Lufthansa 643 Heavy
Airbus A350-900
9:21
@JulianB

🇨🇦 • 🇩🇪

At the gate as a Cathay 777-300ER taxies to the runway on its long flight across the Pacific to Hong Kong Putting the gear up climbing into the cloudy skies of British Columbia Turning as we ascend next to the mountains of North Vancouver Getting carried along by the JetStream enjoying the views of Canada Over the Golden Ears Provincial Park Our first glimpse of the setting sunlight just north of the village of Kelowna The sun sets over Northern Canada as we begin our long trek to Germany After only a few hours of darkness, the sun rises in full view of the moon over Kitaa, in Greenland Turning to align with the visual approach in Munich Touching down in Germany’s southernmost major city!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

Which of these songs is one of the most played songs at Oktoberfest, in Munich?

• Piano Man, Billy Joel
  • Country Roads, John Denver
  • Rivertown, Mark Anthony

0 voters

The answer to the last question was KFC which 22% got correct!

32 Likes

Amazing pictures as always Noah, stay safe:)

1 Like

Thanks a lot Rian! You too

1 Like

You’ll always get my attention with a great looking A350, but these are really cool shots, especially with the stunning mountains and sunset. Well done as always, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great Photos like always Noah.

1 Like

The British Columbia is one of the most stunning places, great shots!

1 Like

Vancouver!!! 🇨🇦 NIce Photos!

We should Fly YVR-KOA some time

1 Like

@JulianB thanks a lot Julian! Great Aircraft + Great Scenery + Great sunset and sunrise! Can’t go wrong with that

@ThomasThePro thanks Thomas!

@TransportForLife Vancouver and BC are always amazing, great views!

@ILOVE7879-2.0 Thanks! That might be a good one to try, Air Canada 767 should be fun!

4 Likes

I finally found Noah on IF. Great pictures as always! You make the Lufthansa A350 look sooooo good! Question why do you tag JulianB under flight details?

1 Like

Just stunning wow!

1 Like

I would assume it’s because they like to know that.

1 Like

That’s an agreement between me and Noah to let me know when he posts a new topic as I ry like his pictures and it makes it much easier for me to not loose track when I’m busy IRL.
Thanks for asking!

2 Likes

Those are some spectacular shots complimented with some excellent editing! 👏🏽

1 Like

Love your photos so much! Well done.

1 Like

@Pertonics I just like to hide from you! 😂
And just what Julian said :D

@RitzRegis @EyesSkyward thanks guys! :D

@Anshul28 thanks a lot Anshul!

4 Likes

Great Shots again!

1 Like

That third to last one is my favorite! Super incredible pics as always, you never seem to disappoint!

1 Like

@Murphy thanks!

@Sashaz55 Moonshots and sunrises can’t disappoint! :D

2 Likes