A Clear Sky in the Mile High City to a Busy Afternoon Crossing the San Mateo Bridge

DENVER to SAN FRANCISCO

Yesterday as you obviously know, United had featured airports, I was going to fly Newark to San Francisco, but the scenery over the US is about as boring as a flight like New York to Chicago @Esaacc999 , until you hit Denver when the Rocky Mountains show up and the scenery is awesome. So I flew Denver to San Francisco, thanks @MJL_Productions for the ATC at Denver, even though I accidentally hit Remaining in the Pattern 🤭 . It’s really cool that there are so many shorter domestic flights all over the world, they’re so common and fun to fly. I met up with my U.S. Airways hub friend @Luke_Sta at the gate in San Fran after almost having a parallel approach on the 28s. I used the 787-9, which United uses in real life, and flight time was 2 hours and 8 minutes.

Flight Details

KDEN-KSFO • DEN-SFO
Denver to San Francisco
United 1564 Heavy
Boeing 787-9
2:08
@JulianB

Rocketing out of The Mile High City
Above the deserts of Utah after the mountainous views of the Rockies High above the white capped mountains of Yosemite Descending into San Francisco from the West as we approach the San Francisco Bay Crossing the signature view of the Salt Flats (they look really cool in real life btw) Putting the gear down as we cross the San Mateo bridge on Route 92 Approaching runway 28R as a British Airways A380 holds short bound for London Touching down on Runway 28R!
Holding short of runway 28L as a Cathay A350 lifts off for Hong Kong At the gate next to @Luke_Sta as a Lufthansa A330 taxies by for its long flight home to Frankfurt

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I’m feeling a little selfish today, sooooo what is my favorite aircraft?

• Airbus A321
  • Boeing 787
  • Boeing 757

0 voters

The answer to the last question was 25% which only 11% got correct!

And sorry @BigBert10 for the San Fran post, I’ll have the San Jose one in a few days :D

20 Likes

While everyone was going there, I decided to take a flight down from Seattle to San Jose and flew right over San Francisco

And United has Denver to San Jose as well 😩

2 Likes

As always beautiful pictures man. Sorrry @BigBert10 but he flew to SFO this time😜

2 Likes

SJC doesn’t get enough attention 😔

1 Like

Check on sunday for ATC choice day👀

1 Like

Awesome day in the US!

1 Like

Ehh no excuse, I’m late. Nice pics :)

1 Like

@BigBert10 but like I said I wanted to fly the 787, but don’t worry, only a few days until Vancouver to San Jose :D

@Kevinsoto1502 thank you! 😊

@MJL_Productions it was! I live when ATC is in the US, I’m definitely not biased 😂

@Suhas you were still pretty early :)

3 Likes

Incredible pics as always! You should try SJC though, it has a fun approach!

1 Like

When everyone’s going to SFO from Denver, meanwhile I do a flight to Reno Tahoe from Denver

Anyway #SJC

3 Likes

Aww! You could’ve done Denver to San Jose 😂

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, I’m about to land at SJC!

3 Likes

Did you fly any other routes yesterday? And were you team Boeing or Airbus yesterday on that other flight?

1 Like

@Sashaz55 thanks! I actually flew into San Jose on Saturday from Vancouver;)

@GameBoy_KIRB Reno is actually a really fun airport too! I flew in from Phoenix when it was featured a while back

@Kevinsoto1502 I flew only this route yesterday and then an overnighter to Zürich from San Francisco in the Swiss 777, but I’m team Boeing all the way!

1 Like

Nice pictures 👍🏼👍🏼

1 Like

Aye nice to know bro

2 Likes

Thank you @shatti!

Nice photos man, I really like the second to last!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Speedyyy!

1 Like