A Clear Hawaiian Morning to a Sunset on the Tundra of Alaska

KONA to ANCHORAGE

It’s been a little while since I’ve had a Kona post, so it’s time I have one again. Alaska flies to Kona from Anchorage using their 737-800s, I’ve flown this route the opposite way, but never from Kona. It is an extremely long route for a 737, just under 2,500 Nautical Miles, and is longer than any route in the United States mainland. This was a really fun codeshare route as it was a featured route for @AmericanVirtual back in February 28, which seems like a year ago with everything that’s happened since then. Flight time was 6 hours and 10 minutes

Flight Details

PHKO-PANC • KOA-ANC
Kona to Anchorage
Alaska Airlines 737-800
6:10
2,497 NM
@JulianB

Lifting off out of Kona a sunny morning Putting the gear up as we climb past the town of Kailua-Kona built on the side of the volcano Hualalai Flying northeast, leaving the biggest Island in the United States begins Climbing past the island of Maui Flying far above the vast Pacific Ocean for 5 hours on this flight Crossing the Southern Alaska Coast over the town of Kasilof Getting ready to descend through the mountains of Southern Alaska Putting the gear down in the Orange Alaskan Sunset On final approach the runway lights shine through the Orange fog At the gate in Anchorage after a rough landing meet to @EpicNYC04

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I have no school until at least April 6, and I have a million replays, so I’ll try to post daily, so what should I post tomorrow

• Miami to New York JFK • AAL 757
  • London to San Francisco • BAW 747
  • Amsterdam to Cape Town • KLM 77W
  • Los Angeles to São Paulo • AAL 787
  • Atlanta to Salt Lake City • DAL A321

0 voters

22 Likes

Last timE I WAS THIS EARLY…

2 Likes

Great shots as usual!

1 Like

Nice photos!

1 Like

Nice shots tho! I’ve actually never flown this route…

Also, you should DEFINETELY do Amsterdam to Cape Town. I have flown this route before with KLM’s 77W. Cape Town to me is like Kona to you. Just one of my favorite cities ever and I just love it. Not to mention great scenery. When I flew this route, it was very scenic, with a sunrise Amsterdam takeoff and then over the deserts of Africa with all sorts of colors and mountains. I don’t know what route you took but I’m sure they were similar.

1 Like

Oh wow spelling 100

1 Like

Some nice shots. Thank you.

1 Like

Very nice shots! Two beautiful places to fly with great scenery!😀

1 Like

@Suhas_Jatla last time you were early 😂…
And Cape Town is just beating out London to San Francisco so there’s a good chance I’ll do it!

@MJP_27 @Sashaz55 thanks a lot guys! 😁

@Peter_Wreford thank you! I’m happy you like them

@Captain_Cobb definitely! Two my favorite airports and some of the best scenery in the world!

2 Likes

Hawaeeeeee 🥰 love the photos

1 Like

Love the photos as always keep it up. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a photo from you I don’t like

2 Likes

Just a request/suggestion I don’t know what to call it, put in the fixes of your route so if anyone wants to fly the route they can use your exact route @NoahM, if it’s not a hassle. But otherwise amazing photos as always!

2 Likes

Loving the Alaskan mountains there! And just like always, awesome photos, @NoahM!

2 Likes

@ILOVE7879-2.0 Hawaii is always awesome 😍

@Pertonics thanks man! It means a lot 😊

@Glevolution that’s a good idea I could start trying to do! I can try that for newer flight, but I obviously don’t have the flight plan for this flight from almost 2 months ago 😂

@Butter_Boi Alaska has some awesome scenery, if only we had it throughout the whole state, that’s would be cool

3 Likes

No worries, I’ll be looking forward to it if you do post the routes @NoahM. 😄

1 Like