A Clear Afternoon in New Zealand to a Blue Sky in the Andes Mountains

AUCKLAND to SANTIAGO
Last night I flew Auckland to Santiago in the LATAM 787-9, LATAM flies this route in real life with their 787 and it was a fun chance for me to fly between 2 of my favorite airports. I do a lot of transatlantic flight from the US where we fly north over Canada, Greenland, etc…, but this flight we flew south almost over Antarctica. I took off just after 4 PM in Auckland, so we had a sunset and a sunrise over the Pacific. The approach into Santiago was as fun as always with the Andes Mountains all around. Flight time was 9 hours 36 minutes.

Flight Details

NZAA-SCEL • AKl-SCL
Auckland to Santiago
LATAM (Lan Chile) 800
Boeing 787-9
9:36
@JulianB

🇳🇿 • 🇨🇱

Putting the gear up as we climb out of Auckland
Crossing the southeast New Zealand coast over the town of Nuhaka The sunset shines off this great airplane as we cruise over the South Pacific The half-moon as the last bits of light bounce off the 787 After hours of darkness over the most undiscovered place on Earth, the yellow sunrise light shines The brown, mountains western coast of Chile Starting to descend toward Chile’s most populous city The giant Andes mountains all around as we approach the airport Putting the tilted gear down as we approach through the blue South American sky Smooth as glass as we smoke the gear at Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I’ll see you guys tomorrow :)

24 Likes

That fourth and fifth one are just 😍😍😍

1 Like

Two really fantastic wing views, which are not only stunning but look realistic as well, a moonshot and a combination of fantastic scenery and/or light conditions in the other pictures, really well done!!!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

These are beautiful! I love the livery and definitely love the 787! The Sunset/sunrise shots are extraordinary.

1 Like

Now those are some amazing photos like always, @NoahM!

1 Like

Those are by far my favorites too!

Thanks a lot! I’m happy that the wing views look realistic, that’s what I try to do with those :)

1 Like

LATAM has my favorite livery in the game and the 787 is an awesome plane, it’s impossible to mess that combo up

1 Like

Thanks! @Butter_Boi

Amazing! You make great photos 24/7!!!😀

1 Like

it just keep getting better

boyo always … why am i here

1 Like

Since when does the 777 have tilted gear on IF?
Edit: 787

1 Like

i think you meant 787 and the replay is that he got it at the right time for the tilted gear

1 Like

Yes I meant 787. What do you mean?

1 Like

since the replay button got removed during flight you can go back replay pause at the right time and then]
there you go

1 Like

Your shots are fantastic! How do you get that beautiful blue?

Also: Some feedback, the only thing I think you should work on is the cropping. But thats all up tp you!

Keep it up Noah!

1 Like

Stunning shots! You might also enjoy Johannesburg to Sydney, which is the southernmost flight in the world.

1 Like

Nice pics! I did not even know that route existed XD

1 Like

Thanks! I mean try to make a new post every 24 hours sooo I guess it is 24/7 😂

Thank you!!!