A change to grading

That’s unfair to so many people…

Plus, adding all of this in, wastes time for the Devs, creating new lines of code to detect centerline evasion and whatnot. Just a waste of time in my opinion.

2 Likes

That’s my personal opinion, nothing to do with the rest of the post

1 Like

Well, this is one of the ways to ensure only people that belong in expert get into it. I think a lot of IFATC will agree

1 Like

Thanks, I wanted to not only present a problem, but Also a solution, as a lot of people don’t do both

1 Like

How about instead of trying to push multiple factors and variables into place we just start with some baby steps. Increase the landing requirements for grade promotions, there’s a start. XP grinding becomes obsolete. Use @Maxmustang and @Brandon_Sandstrom 's training ideas to make access to TS1 based on passing a medium difficulty exam. A short one. Then make the expert server accessible after passing a expert level exam, literally. Test someone’s ability to correctly execute all of IF and demonstrate that they understand violations and ghostings (and importantly how to respond to them properly). I like what you said about presenting a solution, so here’s my idea. Admittedly it’s not all my idea.

4 Likes

It’s definitely a step in the right direction. This would also work. But I feel a lot of people would not want to take a test. I think am option like mine, that is as minimalistic as possible is the best way to go

1 Like

I do agree with you, and I think adding the new landing proficiency is going to take a lot more work than some other options.

2 Likes

Yes, but this finally puts an end to all our problems

1 Like

That moment when my landings are sucks, I guess I have to learn to land smoothly

But I’m still agree with you, There should be more stricter requirements to both Expert and TS1, It’s a nice step to implement the new Landing Profiency so we can avoid Trolls or people who only use A/P all the time. ;)

1 Like

Yes, this system is based on skill

1 Like

Well let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, lol. There will always be more problems, this is going to solve a mutual issue that you and I agree upon. I don’t see FDS implementing anything that will potentially turn away new or existing business. Tightening rules makes the sim better for us, but ruins the game for others. That’s the fine line we need to balance.

2 Likes

Yes it is. A few additions to the requirements would help and still keep things the same

I’m on board with the landing proficiency idea. May I ask have you figured out how you’d like to “prototype” the idea? Sooner or later you’ll need to present this in private to FDS.

1 Like

Eh, I’d like to keep it all here, so people are able to voice their opinions and ideas

The brainstorming part absolutely, I’m getting ahead of myself by jumping to the final product.

1 Like

Haha, yea, but it’s great to get people’s opinions in the mix, as long as they take the time to read the post lel

They will, there’s a lot of good pilots and controllers here that want to slim the peanut population.

1 Like

Including the FPM would be a major rework, however a general increase of the total number of landings needed for each grade would be helpful.

Also I think that there should be a restriction on the type of aircraft that you can fly depending on grade / XP level. GA , TP and regional jets for grade 1, Narrow-body for Grade 2 and Heavy aircraft for Grade 3 and above. This would also help to build your skill in smaller aircraft before moving up

3 Likes

I agree with you, but a lot of people won’t. Your limiting people and sales by introducing layers and unlocks.

I know someone who will love to get rid off a few peanuts

1 Like