A Blue Sky in the City of Angels to a Sunset in the Mountains of the Pacific Northwest

Last Saturday, I flew to one of my newly favorited airports. Portland. I flew LAX-PDX in the US Airways E175 for @AmericanVirtual. I took off in the mid to late afternoon in Los Angeles and flew north over San Francisco, Redding and up into Portland. I use my IPhone 6s for a lot of flights, but for this flight I used my IPhone11, the difference between all high graphics and all low graphics is amazing and using my IPhone 11 with high graphics is definitely more fun. I landed just after sunset in Portland but the sun shining off the mountains of Oregon was awesome to say the least. I actually really like the E-Jets, they’re easy to fly and the cockpit reminds me of a mini A220. Flight time was 1 hour 48 minutes

Flight Details

Route: KLAX-KPDX • LAX-PDX
Los Angeles to Portland
Airline: US Airways / American / AAVA / Republic
Callsign: AAVA 643 • Brickyard 643
Flight time: 1:48

Pulling back on the yoke as we rotate on runway 24L The thousands of feet of runway left gets smaller as we climb out of Los Angeles Turning north away from the Southern California Coast
The view of San Jose and Oakland as we pass just East of the bay
Flying past the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta that provides water to one of the most agriculturally important areas of the United States. The Central Valley of California The White Caps of the mountains above Northern California Descending past the setting sun and Mount Hood, just East of Portland Putting the gear down 7 miles out of Portland On final approach above East Portland Touching down in Rip City!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I’ll see you guys tomorrow:)

23 Likes

a beautiful day with beautiful pictures
gotta love em

3 Likes

beautiful photos friend

2 Likes

That’s how you start a good topic ;)

Probably my favourite picture of this post (selection tough as always)! The E-Jets can look really amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Also the landing lights edit is very well done on the sunset/night pictures!

3 Likes

Wow 🤩 Gorgeous photos!!! I usually don’t fly the E-175 because it desperately needs a rework but when I do , its always 🧈

2 Likes

Amazing photos!! You never disappoint!😀

4 Likes

You continue to impress me, awesome job! You get a gold star sicker ⭐️.

4 Likes

Great photos, i actually think i saw my house from one of the pics

1 Like

Thank you guys @Zach_inkling and @Patoo!

Thanks 😊! I like the EJets but I still think they need a rework, and tell me they don’t kind of look like an A220 😂

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t fly it very often, but I enjoy it when I do

1 Like

Thanks 😊! I hope they continue to impress

1 Like

Thanks for the gold sticker! I’ll wear it with pride 😂

1 Like

They certainly do and have earned it!

Not from every angle, that’s what I can say (loving both aircraft), but there are some similarities, that’s true😉

1 Like

Where was San Francisco in these pictures

I just saw San Jose and Oakland

Nice pictures btw

1 Like

Good point, but mainly the front looks like the A220 imo

1 Like

Okay well I made up for it in the description of the photo 🤣

You may have! The route took us over some pretty populated areas

1 Like