A Blue Day in Rip City to the an Afternoon in the Emerald City

I don’t fly in the Pacific Northwest often, except for Seattle and occasionally Vancouver, so I flew Portland to Seattle and back to Portland. Since my subscription ended last week, I’ve been looking for routes to fly so I used this AWESOME database with every route that is included without a pro subscription, here it is Non-Live Routes Database (And I’m definitely not biased because I made it :). I flew this route earlier today this afternoon and the approach into Seattle was as beautiful as always. It took 34 minutes to go from Portland to Seattle and 26 minutes to get back to Portland, so the flight time was 1 hour. I used the Delta A321, because although the A319 is used in real life, the A321 is the closest free plane to it.

Flight Details

Route: KPDX-KSEA-KPDX
Flight Time: 1 Hour
Airline: Delta
Aircraft: Airbus A321-200

Leaving Portland in the sun of the mid-afternoon Flying past Mount St. Helens on our way out of Portland Descending into an unusually sunny day in Seattle My landings have been awful lately and this was no exception After spending a little while on the ground we’re ready to head back to Portland Climbing out of Seattle past the rising moon Descending into Portland past the town of Longview on the South Washington border The surprisingly stunning approach into runway 10R of Portland with Mt Hood looming behind The first sign of the setting sun against the controls of the A321 as we’re on final in Portland Another awful landing, back in Portland just a little over an hour after leaving

I’d really recommend flying into Portland by the way

And as always, please let me know your favorite photo and your thoughts!

25 Likes

I love these photos!

2 Likes

That Mt. St Helens photo is so gooood, and the 6th one too

anyways the other pics are great👏🏻

1 Like

Love them photos! :) Specially with the extra into :) Good Job

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous. 😍

1 Like

Ditto. Come visit me and @Claudio while you’re at it.

Nice pictures!

2 Likes

Why did you put « rip city » in the title?

1 Like

Because that’s Portland’s other name.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thanks! Mount Saint Helens was a fun treat to fly past

Thank you! @ThomasThePro and @MrMrMan

1 Like

Haha maybe I should 🤣

Just like @Claudio said, it’s one of Portland’s main nicknames

No need to repeat @NoahM.

Somehow the words fit into the pics!

1 Like

Its supposed to so I guess its doing its job!

1 Like

Really nice pictures, as soon as saw this I get excited to comment something, really good job on this one…

1 Like

That means a lot thanks!

That’s an incredible great A321 moonshot! (How did I manage to miss that post…)

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks! I think this was probably one of my best posts when I didn’t have a subscription:)

1 Like