A Beginner's Guide to Virtual Airlines

How this Topic came to be

So as many of the Regulars and even most members know, a lot of people are not very familiar with how VAs (Virtual Airlines) work, run and what the rules are governing them. Most of the time, if a topic is made with a question about VAs, they are more often than not directed to this thread or another one of the topics pinned in the #live:va category.
This topic aims to change that.
The purpose of this topic is not just to stop people cluttering the forum, but also to provide a new place to direct the OP (Original Poster) of a VA Question topic to, one that will answer all of their questions.

What This Topic Includes

I searched the IFC for ‘question’ and filtered the search so it only showed results from the #live:va category. I have answered as many of those topics as I can.

Question:

Source

Answer:
According to the Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board you can be a CEO at a Virtual Airline and be a Pilot at an unlimited number of others, but you cannot be a Staff Member and a CEO at separate VAs. This rule was put in place to ensure that all CEOs are committed to their VA.

Question:

Is there a [inset any airline name here] VA?

Answer:
I know the aim of this topic is to give a new place to redirect to, but check out the IFVARB Official Virtual Airline database. I won’t link it because it may change from when I am writing this to when you are reading it, but head to The VA Category and it’s always pinned (at the top) there. If you are thinking about creating that VA it’s also worth looking at the Active Reservations List which has all the VAs which are currently on the waiting list to get approved. If the VA you want to create is on here, you are not permitted to create it, but it may be worth messaging the Reservation Holder if you want to get involved with it.

Question:

How to I get my VA Approved?

Answer:
A lot of hard work and time. No kidding. Running a VA and getting it approved is a lot of work. Still here? I like you enthusiasm! Check out this thread.

Question:

Can I post in #live:va?

Answer:
In short, no. But if you want more detail, read on! There is a rule enforced by the IFVARB where you cannot post in #live:va until your VA is IFVARB approved (see the above question).

Question:

What’s this IFVARB thing?

Answer:
The Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board (IFVARB) are an FDS endorsed group of Community Members who regulate everything that goes on to do with VAs in Infinite Flight. They must approve all VAs before they can start operations

Thanks for Reading! If you have any more questions about VAs reply and let me know so I can add and answer them!

Also if a moderator could make this a wiki that would be much appreciated.
9 Likes

Nice! Useful for beginners who don’t understand the IFVARB!

2 Likes