A Beginner's Guide to the Forums

We need to remind some new users about this, it’s a simple and great guide.

7 Likes

Yeah, I see it being used constantly at the moment all around the forum.

Yes it is a great guide! But how will they new user find it? This need to be pinned.

I was trying to reply to Virgin Atlantic’s recruitment event but I couldn’t find the reply button. There was no reply button where the reply button was for this post.

1 Like

Wait until you’re a basic user to reply to events (hopefully we’ll get that changed soon).

2 Likes

Hello! Welcome to the forums ;)
Unfortunately, until you are a basic user, you cannot reply to events! To reach the basic user level, read, comment, like topics that you find helpful, funny, etc. and also contribute to the community overall! Before you know it, you’ll be there! ;)

2 Likes

This is great! It should be pinned!

Thank you @Henrik and @Kevin

1 Like

I agree. I’ve seen some of these basic mistakes happening again recently. Can a Mod like @Carson or @MishaCamp or @Henrik pin it again. I think it is needed.

Great idea Mish! Should be helpful to all the new members of the forum.

1 Like

A great tutorial . Much appreiciated . It will help a lot :)) 👍🏻👍🏻

This will defenitly help out new users, thanks @MishaCamp for pinning it globally

2 Likes

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 Best topic ever!
EDIT: why is it suddenly unpinned as soon as I post here?

It gets unpinned once you reach the bottom of the topic page :)

2 Likes

You can go into your settings and change how pinned topics are handled when you have finished reading them. The default setting is to automatically unpin them when you reach the bottom of the thread.

When you scroll down to nearly the bottom of your settings, you find a check box to change the setting, as depicted above. Also depicted above, I have my account set to leave pinned topics pinned when I have read through them. Hope this helps!

Great tutorial it was very helpful

1 Like