A Beginner's Guide to Infinite Flight

Hello everyone,

Introducing my new project, A Beginner’s Guide to Infinite Flight.

This book will explain all the aspects of flying in Infinite Flight. It will cover every type of aircraft. I am currently only beginning with this project and it will take a lot of time, but I hope to have it out before February 2017 (It is going to be a very long book.)

It will be a downloadable eBook, but I hope (Not very likely) to publish it and make it a physical book.

39 Likes

Looks like a good idea, looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Great! I look forward to seeing it👍🏻

1 Like

Tasty. Nice stuff. Good to see IF stuff going further than the actual app!

1 Like

Ah, Will it be available to iBook’s once it releases? And have you set a price for how much It would cost?

1 Like

I will have information about that soon

1 Like

What about on android?

1 Like

Fantastic idea! In my opinion I’d prefer a physical copy of the book 😉

1 Like

Amazing Idea ! I wish you all the best !

Don’t Think it’s necessary… No offense ;-)

2 Likes

If it comes on Apple it will be on Android

2 questions:

1. How much will it cost?
  2. Will it be on Kindle or PDF
1 Like

I still don’t know the price yet, but I will try get it on Kindle and PDF

1 Like

I wish this existed when I started Infinite Flight. I couldn’t figure out how to turn the yoke!

2 Likes

Alright guys, I have found an opportunity to make it a physical book when I finish writing. I just need your guys’ preferences on what type of book it could be. It could be a handbook, a floppy book, a softback, a hardback and all other designs of book.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea ! I think you should do a “Livre de poche” as we say in french. It’s a very small book and you can take it with you very easily !

1 Like

Here’s the thing- what makes you qualified to write a book on every aircraft and aspect of Infinite Flight? That’s what we have our real world pilots and tutorials for. People here are more than welcome enough to ask them questions. HD knows the physics of the 777 like no other; Jared for the A320, Mark for the oodles of planes he’s flown in the past, etc.

FDS hired their appropriate staff and consultation for a reason. Why should you be the one to stand in for the team? Let them do their jobs and push out the correct information as necessary. This has the potential to spread falsehoods about the workings of the planes and features in the sim.

Before you start tripping out there with a book, you need to think of the long term implications. What’s stopping you from getting a cease and desist order if this is an attempt to saturate the market as an “official” FDS guide? Costs of production? Mass marketing? Bookstore distribution? iBook fees? This has the potential of going south very quickly.

Gotta be a realist. And FYI, speaking from prior experience, people here hate reading long books. There’s a reason why video tutorials are very popular.

13 Likes

Those are all some pretty solid points…

Could you please include the part about your full motion A320 sim?

10 Likes

You need to be positive for once in your life. All I see you do is letting peoples work down. I never said I was part of FDS or this was gonna be an official book or anything. I am writing this book to help newcomers. Also the long book thing, there is a such thing as an index for people to find what they are looking for…

1 Like

Seriously. Stop bringing up something that happened in July. That just stirs and makes things worse.

1 Like