A beautiful day for a violation

Expert Server
Lion 388
WIII to WIBB - A route Lion Air runs often.
737-900

Getting ready to call for pushback. @anon38496261 prepping for his trip to WARR.

IFATC is a beautiful thing. Brings us all together.

The very moment I received the violation. If you look close enough and hard enough, you can see one pissed off pilot. I had done a 360 since I was over MLW while descending and looked away and bang!! First violation since my flurry of 7 I received my first couple flights on expert server. Brings me to 8/125. Gotta just stay under 10! Lol

Anyways, the rest of the story is history. I landed kinda rough and slightly to the right. It was a beautiful day for a flight, ran into some nice folk on the forum before take off, and the rest went down hill. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป

I hope the rest of you enjoy your flights today. Stay alert! Off to the training server to help a IFATC hopeful work on his skills.

Edit: this was my first flight with Lion Air. I can safely say, they probably wonโ€™t have a return flight for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚

22 Likes

Nice pictures!
Why have you mentioned a 789? the airframe is a 739 :D

2 Likes

Good catch! Thanks!

1 Like

Nice pictures!!

It feels really cool to be featured in a screenshot topic, lol.

1 Like

I guess I was lucky to have spawned right next to you, lol.

1 Like

๐Ÿ˜†Right, next step i guess would be to make the cover of IF monthly mag ๐Ÿ˜‚ hope your trip went smoother than mine. Lol

1 Like

Still donโ€™t understand how you received the violation

I was doing the 360 to burn fuel descending from Fl140 to 9000. I had my speed at 280 and -1000 vs. I set the phone down for 2 minutes not realizing I left the speed at 280. By the time I caught it and right as I started to slow the plane down the first vio came.

Stupid stuff lol

Ohhhh now I see. Haha. Had that happened quite a few times.

Lol. Not to make you jealous or anything, but I had a perfect flight, complete with a very buttery landing :)

1 Like

Thatโ€™s perfect ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Thatโ€™s why you never leave the phone during critical phases of flight.

1 Like

Landed nose first accidentally and got stuck in the runway. During FNF. With a line of over 20 people. With active ATC. You can just guess what happened from there.

Just to be clear that a 737-9 (B39M) is not the same as a 737-900 (B739)

Ouch! That is demoralizing lol

Thank you! I am still very new to aviation. Noted and corrected.

1 Like

That is painful.

are you not able to request a 360?