A-320 Landing Issues

I usually approach in the A-320 around 133 KIAS at 41% load. I see that when I flare at around 20 ft, the aircraft instead of descending slowly, slowly ascends, glides for some time and then touches down; as if it takes ages for the gear to touch down after the 10 ft call out.

Any ideas why this is happening. I see this kind of issue with the A-330 and A-320 only.

Thanks

1 Like

Same with A330 it’s so annoying. But did you use APPR for the A320

1 Like

With APPR, it surprisingly lands perfectly. I am talking about manual landing.

Manual landing does have that issue. The best aircrafts I would recommend for a manual landing would be the 763, the 77W, 77F, and the 772.

It’s called “Ground effect”. It might be a little excessive though…

The A330 and A340 have no Ground effect. They have a bug with the GPWS. The aircraft are some feet higher than what the callouts say, that’s why it takes longer from “10” to touchdown.

4 Likes

True. 77W, 772 are great for manual landings.

1 Like

That’s why I fly those the most.

As Laurens wrote above, it’s due to the ground effect. The 737 also has this a little. Drop the power setting a bit to compensate, so your aircraft settles smoothly onto the ground.

To my knowledge, at this time only the 737BBJ and A320 have ground effect.

1 Like

I have landed the A320 manually many times with no issues.

You’re cutting the throttle right?

Do you guys have any tips on how to perform a smooth landing on the A320 family? (Ground effect makes it even more challenging)

1 Like

I just had an issue when I had APP set, perfect set up, looks like a smooth landing, and then it nose dives me into the ground and sends me skipping down the runway…at a packed LAX. Looked pretty ridiculous

That’s the ground effect cut the throttle over the threshold boom problem solved

2 Likes

Should be done with every aircraft.

1 Like

Do it when the aircraft calls you a “Retard”…

1 Like

@B767fan… Zack…Am I missing something none of my buses have the term “Retard” in the voice program which is very annoying. Did I misunderstand your comment? Max

2 Likes

Don’t lift the nose too much. Otherwise, it will glide like that.

In real life Airbus tells you to retard. To bad it doesn’t in IF

1 Like

That’s one of the features I am looking forward the most

1 Like