A-10 Routes

With the reworked A-10 out for a week now I have been wanting to fly it more but don’t know what kind of routes it flies. If someone could tell me or give me examples of routes that would be great. Thanks.

2 Likes

Preferably to and from military bases. Some of the A-10 planes are from various AFBs. Look them up and fly them around for pattern work or to another base.

@Major-Tom has been editing a ton of these AFBs. He can probably give you some routes to fly with the A-10. :)

1 Like

Great thank you

Is there also a limit on how far it flies. I’m kind of new to fighter/military aircraft

Of course. Like all aircraft, they hold a certain amount of fuel which limits their range.

The A-10 can fly about 2200nm according to google. You are able to get refueled by the KC-10 so that does extend its range by a lot. :)

3 Likes

Today happens to be your lucky day! Today we’re open at Pacific military bases. Use the Osan A10 and explore some of those routes.

6 Likes

If you love the A10 check out KMTN, KACY, and Tyler has a bunch of recommendations for their air bases as well.

KMTN was fun to edit ;)

7 Likes

I just did RKSO RJTY on the A-10. Nice 2h flight, beautiful scenery. Enjoy!

…and 80kt+ tailwinds ;)

1 Like

The best thing on flying Military aircraft is that you are most time not bound to routes.
The above mentioned 2200nm range are with 2 external fuel tanks and no ordnance. While we have no external fuel in the A10 any more the ferry range without ordnance is around 900nm depending on Winds.

If you are looking for a typical training route you might search for the Mach Loop in UK. I don‘t want to make it to easy, but if you google it and take a look in IF after that it’s easy to find…
Another nice VFR are is north of Aviano AB LIPA, ideal for VFR Valey flights in the alps, you could cross them and follow the river Rhine up to ETAD another historic A10 base.

LIPA NIVAS ROKIB BORMI IXOGU NAXAV TISAX LORLO INTEG GAMSA NUNRI AKABI SONGI GIPOL HOC BLM STR PABLA EDISA ZWN SAA SOSAD SARBU PITES ABDOB ETAD

Like to go to Asia? Start from Osan AB RKSO as the GAF event does today. You could quickly fly to the Pilsung training Range by using this FP:

RKSO STNNN PISU17 PISU10 PILSUNG BOKO OSCAR RKSO

2 Likes

Randolph AFB - Nellis AFB 👌🏼

Hi
The A-10 can carry a belly tank for extended fuel range and a pod (or 2 ) for extra cargo that attaches to a inner wing hard point. These are not modeled in the IF A10C.
All wing and centerline hard points are utililized.
I asked IF development team to model and empty wing load version.
(A10’s don’t fly with every hard point loaded with every ordinance type they can deploy) but it looks exciting in the sim. they loadout the plane with mission specific ordinance live or dummy for training )

Some typical sim missions can include:
1.“ferry flights” moving the plane from once place to another in the USA or out of country (typically a AF base) or to a combat deployment area. (requires in-flight re-fueling and or multiple airbase landings to leap frog it.
2. Training flights which would be ground attack CAS,
inflight refueling or night operations are typical.
Look up MOA areas on flight sectionals to find areas of military fight training operations to fly in. (look around Areas with bases) These areas are restricted air space for civilian and commercial traffic.
3. Combat missions in theater which can be Close Air Support CAS or CAP Combat Air Patrol are typical.
4. Airshow demonstrations
A10’s don’t fly far or long as a general rule. with getting fuel…Range data is available online.

Hope this gives you some flying ideas

cheers Captdoug56

Takeoff, fly as high as you can, turn around, hit the speed of “SUOER DOOPER FAST” in a straight down decent half mile from the airports runway, fly above runway fast at 100 feet, land.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.