A-10 Landing issues

Hello, so I’m doing 30 minute flights in the A-10 (Not DC-10). When I approach for landing, I keep my speed around 150-160, but when I make touchdown I start to bounce like I’m on a trampoline. Is there anything I’m doing wrong with my speed or is there something else that could be causing this? Help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

The A-10 is currently being reworked so that may be fixed soon! (:

1 Like

Also, keep your speed at 135 with full flaps and a bit of trim.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know about the rework and flap setting!

1 Like

Hi @CollinFox,

The A-10 needs a little power set. In rwl spoilers will set to 30% to have the engines running at a higher power setting. In IF you can‘t do this! But extracting spoilers helps.
Full flaps are not needed at 140knts! It’s way to much lift. Even when you set the weight to heavy you wouldn‘t need full flaps above 130kts…

With weight set to medium, Trim set to -30, spoilers to full when on final, gear down at 500ft AGL, flaps to 15% when passing 135knts.
Keep at, or slightly above, 120kts IAS. Drop power around 20 ft AGL and flare only slightly. And you will have a smooth landing without bouncing.
Full flaps are needed only for slow approach with heavy on short runways.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the advice

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.