9/11, A day that should never be forgotten

“Lets Roll”

2 Likes

I remember doing a report of flight 93. I also remember talking to the lady who was talking to Todd Beamer.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Marc, I will have to watch those.

September 11th. A day where terrorism rears its head and take the lives of many innocents. It is a day where lessons are many lessons are learnt. It is a day when the person that you know and love, a mother, a father, a brother, a sister, a husband, a wife, a niece, a nephew, anyone closest to us, maybe even a friend, or friends of friends, may have lost their lives to an act of terrorism.

I ain’t American, I live far away in the South East Asian Country that is a close ally of this beautiful country - Singapore. We can never put a price tag on a Human life, let alone security. The sacrifice of these lives will not be in vain, for the men and women out there in the front lines, take the lives of these dangerous terrorist not with hate of what is in front of them, but love for their countrymen and the world behind them.

As an trooper, I hope the sacrifices of those who not just gave their lives, to allow us to have the freedom to continue learning, be an opportunity to live right, not the right to do as we please. The world post 9/11 brought us long queues at security, but its inconvenient nature deters terrorists. The blessing in disguise being - the security it can bring.

We are all humans, related by blood in one way or another. Brothers and Sisters that we are. As a fellow human being, may those who have given their lives to learn the painful lesson, rest in peace.

Never Forget 9/11.

3 Likes

We will never forget what happened on this day 19 years ago

My family who worked for AA were working at MSP during this time and my Uncle was released from duty do to the job cuts later on that year, since he was higher up, my Aunt was lucky enough to keep her job for being a manager there.
My heart breaks for those affected by this.
But America always comes together.
God Bless the United States of America 🇺🇸

2 Likes

9/11, one of the last days we were united as a country. RIP to all of those brave men and women who worked in the towers, ran into and stayed around the towers to rescue people, and the people on the planes. Never forget.

2 Likes

As I see the time of 8:46 AM on my screen I take a moment of silence to dedicate to all the brave men and women who saved so many and all the innocent people who lost their lives today 19 years ago.It is incredible to think that this very moment in history is the moment we all stopped to rethink the way we fly and the way we think about security worldwide. This moment not only changed the United States, but changed the world.

3 Likes

We Will Never Forget 09.11.01
I can’t get over how sad I get remembering this and how horrible of a tragedy it was worldwide. America came together during this horrible attack.
God Bless America🇺🇸
Sorry didn’t mean to reply to you @anon74260613

1 Like

Today is a sad day. Reading some people’s story’s are sad and devastating. #neverforget

2 Likes

That’s fine don’t worry

One of the heartbreaking phone call’s: RIP Brian

8 Likes

Rip, that message is so emotional… 🙁

5 Likes

I’ll never forget.

I’m really sorry for those 2,977 people and their families for what happened.

4 Likes

It is crazy how something that took mankind years to create could be destroyed in an hour by an angry man thousands of miles away (Osama Bin Laden) along with thousands of lives.
We should also appreciate the first responders who had to go inside the WTC. Fire fighters were told to walk up at least 80 flights of stairs with 10 pounds worth of gear. It was a day that politics and the new station didn’t matter because everyone gave sympathy to those who died.

A day we should never forget. A day that everyone went together. Disasters may kill creations and people but it never kills spirit. A day that everyone went together 🇨🇦🇪🇺🇺🇸 ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿✊

4 Likes

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families

3 Likes

Never Forget. This was a sad day and people still feel the affects to this day. This shouldnt have happened.

2 Likes

#wewillneverforget911

It was a truly terrible event, and something that should never have happened.

A ‘good-news’ story, however is the story of Gander, a town in Canada, which had to accommodate 38 wide-body aircraft due to FAA groundings. The residents of the town welcomed all these stranded passengers and worked to provide food and accomodation in this incredibly remote, tiny town.

There’s a really good podcast by the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) where they interviewed Beverley Bass, who was an American Airlines 777 pilot flying at the time who had to divert to Gander. She speaks of the compassion of all these residents who worked hard to help all these stranded passengers, many residents even welcomed these passengers into their homes and provided them with meals.

You can listen to the podcast here.

In fact, they even made a musical about this called ‘Come From Away’, which is meant to come to Melbourne and Sydney in 2021 - you can find out more about it here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.