8 years since Cactus 1549

Time has gone so fast. I realized that in roughly three hours from now Cactus 1549 made the successful water ditching on the hudson. It’s hard to explain how amazing of a job both pilots did that day and it’s even harder to realize that just about everyone survived. What are your thoughts on this?

24 Likes

I watched the movie. The pilots did make a absolutely great decision.

7 Likes

8 Years?

Damn.

8 Likes

8 years is a long time.

2 Likes

Wow, time flies! Hats off to the pilots for this amazing and memorable accomplishment! :)

4 Likes

I remember that day, I was very small

3 Likes

I’ve watched the movie (Sully), Ive seen the Air Crash Investigation episode and I bought the A320 on IF just because of it. The pilots did a great job making this descision to land on the Hudson. Great Work! 😎🇦🇺

2 Likes

Yea the movie was an absolutely amazing production. I recommend it to all avgeeks ;)

3 Likes

EVERYONE survived! All due to the professionalism of the whole crew that day. When it started falling apart they followed their training and used their experience to achieve the fantastic result.

Saw Sully in the cinema on Saturday, was only when was walking out that released it was almost 8 years to the day!

3 Likes

It just felt like it happened yesterday.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.