787 Texture Fragmentation

Is anyone else having texture fragmentation issues on the 787?

The wing markings and logos are the areas of concentration for this on some liveries, those being Air Austral, Ethiopian, Kenya Airways, LOT, Oman Air, Qatar, RAM, Tui on the 787-8 and LATAM on the 787-9. I have the Airplane quality set to VeryHigh and the Render Resolution is on High.

Thanks for the amazing update IF!

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Nope, I’m not getting any on my 789.

I thought they vectored the liveries … that way fragmentation and pixleation doesn’t occur?

Even if you use an HD image with a white background and you remove the white, there’s still some white because that’s how the magic wand and eraser tool works, even after playing with tolerance, because working with pixels means that curved edges have a buffer of pixels so that the curved edge appears sharp, but that goes away when you remove the background color. If it was vectored, it’s a mathematical line that can scale to any size without pixelating or distortion and therefore there’s no fragmentation.

2 Likes

The lettering has to do with image compression. As far as the texture fragmentation, what are your settings? If everything is on high, that shouldn’t be happening.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

u can use pen tool

This is due to how the text is compressed. There’s a very detailed and technical explanation as to why this occurs, but it’s basically breaks down to, because it happens.

I have no clue. It was brought up during testing and that’s what we were told. However, I would imagine if they could make it perfect, they would…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.