787 take off

Device:
Operating system:
For some reason this has happened twice with the 787-9 first i went from Auckland to Sydney i like to fly into the airport I’m going to be doing my long haul from. I go to take off i have my flaps set spoilers armed i have the iPad calibrated for take off as soon as i got to 100knots the from of the air craft lifted up and slammed back down. Landing was fine it was butter but then as soon as i taxied got to the run way to take off from Sydney to Dallas Fort Worth the same thing happened it went in the air slammed down almost ran off the run way is anyone else having this problem. I’ve done everything flaps 1-15 calibrated the iPad spoilers armed and not armed. Everything this is on the IOS versions

1 Like

Thats just the plane physics. The 787 Is modeled horribly in IF and the physics are trash. It needs a rework is all.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! I’ve also seen it happen before many times. But as stated above. The 787 has the old physics from years ago. Hence the quality is not as good as the newer reworked aircraft like the A330 or 777. You can try pushing the yoke down to keep the nose on the runway until the rotation speed. It works for me. It may be the only solution for now until the rework of the 787 family.

1 Like

Or use negative trim

1 Like

Like they said above, the 787 in-game is old aircraft with weird physics.

Personally I suggest pitch down and let the nose stay on the runway until VR. Then gently rotate to 7-10 degrees for initial climbing. I use flap 5 for most 787s takeoff with or without trim inputs.

2 Likes

Hello, I suggest you :

Boeing 787-8 and 787-9

Load % Takeoff Power Setting Takeoff Flaps Trim Rotate
25% 75% = 94% N1 Flaps 5 0% 140kts
50% 75% = 94% N1 Flaps 5 0% 150kts
75% 77% = 95% N1 Flaps 5 10% 160kts
>75%*** 80% = 98% N1 Flaps 5 10% 165kts

Boeing 787-10

Load % Takeoff Power Setting Takeoff Flaps Trim Rotate
25% 75% = 94% N1 Flaps 5 0% 143kts
50% 75% = 94% N1 Flaps 5 0% 154kts
75% 77% = 95% N1 Flaps 5 10% 162kts
>75%*** 80% = 98% N1 Flaps 5 10% 165kts
1 Like

@Chase_Ryce1 Welcome to the community!

Forward pressure on the nose wheel until reaching rotation speed, can be useful.

But do you mean it is a very “violent” pitch back without any tilt back of your device? And can you continue to repeat the problem? Or is it very difficult to repeat?

I don’t have much problem with the 787. So I tend not to agree with the other answers, but if anyone can give me scenarios to test so I can better understand what you mean, I’d appreciate it.

3 Likes

I typically use 20% positive trim, flaps 15 and push the nose forward until rotation speed. Rotate slowly to 7 degrees nose up. Glides up everytime. Hand fly the vertical profile until around 8-9000 feet, trimming accordingly so that when Autopilot is engaged i get a smooth transition. Works everytime

I thought about this again in relation to how the 787 flies. And, as I said before, I disagree with others about it being flawed.

The most likely explanation for you getting the “bounce” into the air and back down again before rotation speed, is that you unknowingly moved your device tilt angle back towards you somewhat from where you had calibrated (or had positive trim).

It takes very little unnoticed backward tilt to cause early pitch up. So conscious nose down pressure is the best recommendation, I think. And that’s with zero trim. Any positive trim at all and you have to be even more vigilant about forcing nose down from the calibrated position.

The 787 flies well, though has somewhat different feel from other aircraft.

old plane, has happened to me a few times and will most likely be fixed in the rework

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.