787/ other aircraft overspeed limiter

Hello fellow pilots Iv been concerned about some aircraft performances due to the fact that 350 knots is having a weird tendency in clean configuration to fly on an high AoA

Would Really like to know more

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forums!
Please don’t post in the developer category, that’s for third party app developers only. Also, from what I’m reading, your topic isn’t very clear, would you mind explaining, and moving this to General :)

2 Likes

What weight do you have set? More then likely that is the cause of your higher attitude.

1 Like

i usually fly long routes and adequate altitude but the weight is a fact i had considered

Naturally the nose should be about 2-3 degrees nose up in cruise around FL360

ok no problem And thnks btw

1 Like

hmm i might have experienced that , doing a test flight right now

1 Like

Unless you’re flying a A330, where the cruise is 2-3 degrees nose DOWN instead.

IMO the max speed should be increased to M.90, that would be more realistic

2 Likes

Who regularly flies a commercial airliner at 9/10ths the speed of sound? Honest question, not being snarky.

2 Likes

He’s right, most planes cruise at around .80-.86 anyways so .90 is too high. Although I wouldn’t be complaining…

@Bfinley1255 M.90 is the maximum operational speed of an A388

Uff da, that has to be some big time fuel burn at that speed. I suppose it’s a question of economics versus physics versus time when airlines and manufacturers introduce an aircraft. I obviously neglected to observe the concord but as it is not in service I suppose it’s not a major oversight.

Pilots of the A380 say the best speed to cruise is ~M.86-M.87

M.87 is already the Maximum Mach speed you are allowed to fly…

thanks people hope we share the same skies one day