777X Taxi Test

The mighty 777x can be seen in this video taxing on its own power! One step closer to taking its first flight. Enjoy the video.

Source: YouTube: Skylinephotopae
28 Likes

I think that this could be posted here as well. Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

I see Turkish Airlines B787😍

On its own power? Don’t all planes do that?

1 Like

What a beautiful looking aircraft, especially with the Boeing livery on it. Can’t wait to see the 777x fly for the first time.

2 Likes

My gosh those engines are loud!

2 Likes

They do, but this is the first time this plane has done it. Showing that it is (in many ways) operational, and should fly soon…

2 Likes

All that matters is how quiet they are once you are inside the aircraft. 😊

I really hope this plane is successful as Boeing has no room for any more problems

I’ve been hearing about the 77X for a long time but it finally seems like it’s almost ready to start commercial service

2 Likes

This is truly incredible.

2 Likes

My favorite upcoming aircraft by far right now. Those folding wings are gonna make for a cool feature on Infinite Flight cough cough

2 Likes

does anyone know why the 777X doesn’t have the chevrons like the 787 and 747-8/ earlier renderings oh the 777X

1 Like

I believe the eingens were quite enough they didn’t need them. It should actually be about as loud as a 787. If I rember correctly something about the way the eingen works made them less effective here, but don’t quote me on that…

It’s finally moving 😱😱😱

1 Like

I looked it up, and I was a little off, turns out they actually have something that does something very much like chevrons inside the eingen. Read about it here:

That’s your answer @Choccymilk

2 Likes

Damn that’s a bummer. I mean for regular passengers it’s a good thing but I’m going to miss the load roar of the GE90 during take off while it hurdles me down the runway 😕

1 Like

What an engineering marvel.

They produced more drag than what they were actually efficient for. Also they had problems with stress points around the chevrons. Not much to do with “they were already quiet”.

The first one is expected to be delivered to Lufthansa in August 2020.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.