777 veering to one side

I was on approach just now into Leige with a 777-200 cargo plane and when I was around 3nm out, the plane completely veered to the left and lost altitude quickly but I regained control. I wasn’t stalling because I was around 2500feet doing 175 knots and there was no stall warning. As soon as the back wheel touched the runaway, the aircraft turned to the left without me touching anything except from the reverse thrusters to slow down. I left the game as soon as I ended up going off the runaway because I couldn’t gain control by using the rudder and I’m confused why this happened. The plane wasn’t heavy as I only packed 1 hour 30 min fuel and a tiny bit of cargo because I took off from Leipzig.
The weather at Liege was clear with 7knot winds

Edit:Mods can close

Did you still have NAV on? If this happened one you touchdown, did you use any rudder to keep you even with the center line?

3 Likes

No i disabled autopilot as I like to hand fly the approach and no nav wasn’t on

Did this occur after you landed? If you did, you most likely landed too hard, crosswind took you, or you landed uneven

1 Like

It happened twice. When I was at 2500feet it completely veered to the left but I fixed it and when I touched down the 777 completely veered to the left and I couldn’t regain control by using the rudder

What was you speed at touchdown?

1 Like

Hey this has happened to me a lot here’s some
Suggestions

Calibrate the controls in such a way that the yoke doesn’t go left or right unintentionally

Refresh your device

And normal landings speed is usually 150-160KTS

1 Like

At touchdown I was around 145-147knots

1 Like

175 it’s is a little fast, especially for a light 777.

1 Like

That was his speed when he was at 2500ft.

1 Like

Did you calibrate your controls before turning off NAV and APPR? If you didn’t, and you were holding your device differently from the first time you calibrated your controls, the Aircraft would attempt to match your last calibration, which would cause it to veer to one side

1 Like

This should not have anything to do with his plane veering off to the side as it has nothing to do with the scenery.

1 Like

Are you able to reproduce and record as it happens? That would help us tremendously :)

1 Like

I just attempted myself. The aircraft landed absolutely fine with a calibration at 2500ft

2 Likes

Yeh i think I didn’t calibrate before landing so I think that’s why it veered

That was my idea @Dan_Lleshi

1 Like

Alright. Just remember next time to calibrate so you don’t have to go through this again! Safe flights!

2 Likes

Thank you for your help :)

1 Like

I will definitely make sure and thanks for your help

1 Like

No problem

2 Likes