777 stall during long haul

Please let me know what is wrong.

1 Like

Hey, could you try to be more specific, for example, the weight, the altitude, the speed? So we can help a bit

1 Like

hi, it is possible you are too heavy for the speed you are going at

1 Like

once when I was still learning I was told by ATC to not exceed 180knts and when I went to 180knts I stalled because I was too heavy and I was going too slow that I couldn’t stay in the air

1 Like

@Patricksammonyt1 What was your altitude, weight and speed at the time you stalled?

With flaps to 5/15 degrees depending on how heavy you were then you shouldnt have stalled.

1 Like

This has happened to me before while taking off from LAX, the three min reasons are your aircraft is too heavy, you have too steep of a pitch, or your speed is too low.

1 Like

I know, I was still learning then and I make sure I use fpltoif.com to find my weight so that won’t happen again.

1 Like

try lower your alitude?

1 Like

I have no idea what your weight,speed and altitude are but here are some recommendations:
During cruise:
-Try not to fly too high. If you are at a certain altitude and you throttle is at 92% power then its best to cruise at that altitude and only continue if your throttle is at maybe 70 to 80% power

-Cruise at 320kts/M0.84/.85/.86. These are the cruising speeds I use for the 777 and other big aircraft. If you cruise too slow you may stall out. Also, I do not recommend cruising 1kt above the red overspeed line.

During takeoff:
-Try rotating at 160 to 180kts(Yes its quite fast but I rather stay safe than stall out)

-When taking off, from ground to 1000ft,hold your nose at 15 degrees. After 1000ft, lower it to 12.5 or 10 degrees(Whichever works as long as you are gaining speed)

-Try maintaining your speed at 230/240kts

I hope I got what your meaning behind this topic is because it took me a while to write it all out lol

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, around 250knots and 25000 ft

Yes you did, thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.