777-300ER - Speed Bug?

This is a question I’ve always wanted to ask ever since I bought this plane. This plane takes so much just to slow it down. At a 25% load, doing a -1,500 VS, spoilers on FLIGHT, and flaps 30, this plane still tends to gain speed. Does the 773ER fly like this in real life, or is this just a bug in Infinite Flight? The only how you can slow this thing down is if you deploy the landing gear, but I like to try to keep it realistic and deploy it below 10,000 feet. I departed from KSFO in Solo, and had to do FIVE go arounds before landing at KSCK because I was at 26,000 feet and I was going too fast for my descent. Please fix this bug. Make this plane something somebody wants to spend 5 dollars on.

~FlyFi

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

But why? I find it crazy how the A380 can descend at a -1500 VS, flaps 30, 25% load and spoilers flight, but the 773ER can’t.

2 Likes

I find that descending early helps.

Thrust controls altitude, pitch controls speed.

As you are descending, set your thrust to zero. Activating your flight spoilers will increase your VS by about - 500 or - 700 fpm. Now pitch up while maintaining your desired descent rate. Your speed trend indicator should be dropping by about 10kts or more for every 10 seconds. The more pitch, the quicker it will slow.

3 Likes

You’ll learn the plane and its characteristics. Give it some
Time and fly often with it. I promise you’ll come to love the 300ER :)

3 Likes

Simply because Airbus is better :))
Haha I think Boeing lovers are going to kill me!

Sorry, to divert from the original topic.

4 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself ;)

If you’re flying at 10,000-20,000ft you shouldn’t be going at 500kts and on most maps as you can’t fly up to the 30’s unless you do circuits, you shouldn’t go that fast.

1 Like

What’s your speed?

4 Likes

I was going 360 knots, and slowed down to 220 before my descent.

I’ve been flying with it ever since I first got Infinite Flight. I love it, but it’s just the speed problem lol.

I wonder why this was flagged?

No idea?..

With pleasure my friend! 😂

its weird when u taxi and your engines on idle, it increases speed

That normally happens to me when the wind is above 10knots.

1 Like

The behaviour in the opening post is completely normal, especially for the 777. Use steps recommended by Thomas Hense and others

I was on my first A320 flight today and during one part of the descent (I think it was at 9,000 feet) the pilot had the flight spoilers opened all the way, almost pointing straight up. Looking at the flight log, this is probably when we dropped 3,000 inside a minute. The speed remained the same 250kts, which does not surprise me since the plane remained level while the spoilers were open.

I have never seen the spoiler open up that much on any of the 737 flights I have been on. I was in the second last row of a fully loaded plane so I couldn’t get a picture or video of it.

Next Saturday I will have a window seat and right behind to wing, so I will be getting some videos. Who knows, might happen again :)