777-300er reach

I think that 777-300er have a range problem because i trie to flight from dubai to miami with the airplane full and ran out of gas.

It can definitely fly that far, and farther… What was your weight/fuel load? Also if you went into strong headwinds that will slow you down and cause you to burn more fuel

1 Like

Hi, how much fuel did you put in before taking off? You may not have put enough. 77W can fly longer then dubai to miami.

1 Like

you were probably very heavy, resulting in very high fuel burn

1 Like

I like it you call jet fuel for gas. Technically you are not wrong, so please continue to do that

1 Like

Could also be that he flew at a high altitude which resulting the N1 to be at full which lead to more fuel being used

1 Like

To me it seems like either too much weight, not enough fuel, or winds

Could you please tell us more about the flight, like how much fuel, etc

Doubt that, even with winds a full tank of fuel on the 777 it would make it.

They could have been flying at a high Mach speed too

1 Like

good point

Yeah that would lead to high fuel burn

Tips for 777s is that the best speed economically is Mach 0.84 and they don’t like flying high if you search 777 fuel guide you’ll find a post made by Andrew wu which details the best and most economical ways to fly the 777

2 Likes

The 777-300ER can fly way more then just that.

1 Like

You can try to use FPL to IF.

That flight is like 16 hours, maybe 17 if winds are exceptionally bad. Even at ZFW 30% (very high for a 77W) you should be able to manage at least 20 hours. Generally when we see huge discrepancies in range like this it’s not altitude (which might account for 5-10% difference) but rather speed (which can account for 50-100% depending on how egregious it is). I suspect you were flying much faster than the recommended M 0.84 or extremely high like FL360-380.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.