777-200ER in CLT

My dad works at CLT and showed me these pictures today of the 777-200ER sitting in storage until July.

This plane is replacing the A330 in CLT for long hauls to Europe. It’s nice to see a new wide body in CLT.

Hope you all enjoy.

46 Likes

Nice!
This should be in #real-world-aviation:spotting I think. Idk.

4 Likes

nice photos! Nice to see another person in CLT. And what I see if that American is placing its 772 on flight to eroupe and putting the A330s somewhere else. If so thats really cool! Also I think this should be uner #real-world-aviation:spotting.

1 Like

That is really cool. I’ve never seen something like this!

1 Like

They’re putting them into retirement

2 Likes

Ooh, @thenewpilot, come look at this.

1 Like

The a332 are going into storage till 2022

1 Like

Nice to see a 777 in Charlotte! And if I’m correct, I think they’re taking over the A330’s routes to/from CLT. I love the first photo.

2 Likes

Thats good news because now I can fly the reworked 772 out of charlotte!

1 Like

Yeah I was aware it was here. Remember my topic?

1 Like

You are correct. I will either be flying the 777-200 when I go to London with my school, or the A332. I hope it is the former.

2 Likes

Gorgeous. fill

1 Like

Depends on when this is. American is grounding all A330-200s until 2022 at the earliest, assuming it returns. So no more A330s for at least 2 years.

1 Like

as @den.aviation said, the A330-200 is going into storage until 2022. The slightly longer A330-300 was dishonorably discharged from the fleet, wayyyy too early :(

1 Like

2021, barring a second outbreak of this biological creature.

1 Like

I was there when it landed
I skipped my school zoom call to see this
Yep, I live in Charlotte

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.