777-200er help

When should I flare with the 777-200er?

2 Likes

I always flare at around the 20-30ft GPWS callout depending on v/s
(I tend to roll on the back wheels for a few seconds before putting the whole back gear down)

3 Likes

Oh ok, how about power idle? About 15?

roughly 15-20 yeah

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I usually just slowly flare more and more when I hit about 40 above.

1 Like

Usually flaring at 10ft AGL will result in a buttery landing for me.

1 Like

Everyone tends to have their own personal preference, I suggest looking and trying what others mentioned as well and see which one works best for you @PilotPeanutButter :)

1 Like

For me i always flare at 35ft, but some of them are hard-ish landings so its up to you where you should flare as @IF787 said.

IRL PIlots are told to flare at the 30ft mark for the optimum smooth but positive landing. idle power follows at about 25-20ft.

1 Like

Begin to flare after you stop your decent (rollout). You want to end your descent at about 10-15 AGL. I begin my rollout at runway threshold.

1 Like

As long As you use your correct approach speeds and have a decent V/s (Around -700 to 500 fpm on the 777 unless the Airport requires a steeper descent) then cutout and flare at 20ft but if your descent rate of more than -700Fpm then you should slowly start your flare at 30ft

On the 777, the flare isn’t so much a nose up action, but rather you’re supposed to level it off and let the gears touch the ground. At arond the 30/20 ft call, idle the engines and begin to level off, with a slight nose up attitude but less than you’d do on most airplanes.

1 Like

Hey! I like to flare around 20 feet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.