772 landing gear

Hello everyone! I’m not here to say known “issues” about the landing gear on the 772, I’m here to ask why did the landing gear texture or design changed on the final version of the airplane.

I think I know the answer, I’m just making sure

Thanks!

2 Likes

Idk. The top one looks more detailed and has better texture though.

1 Like

I also thought about the same thing when it was released.

1 Like

To me, I virtually see little difference, but the top picture was a work in progress. Obviously WIPs are subject to change so that is probably why it may appear different.

2 Likes

Yep, I someone said it looks like plastic and it’s true

1 Like

Yes, I’m asking why that change from more realistic to less realistic.

I’m not saying the 777 is a bad airplane!

1 Like

The top picture isn’t modeled in IF, it’s shown in the 3D editing software used to design aircraft.

The bottom picture comes from within the IF app.

Textures are modeled differently between the two, which is why one looks one way and the other looks the other.

2 Likes

But why the Cessna 172 has a better landing gear? Is it because of the size?

1 Like

There is a significant difference, while one is a somewhat flat texture the tires in the top image have defined 3D grooves made of polygons. I would assume the reasoning for this is a reduced polygon count as Infinite Flight has explained before that the model in the studio will have many more compared to the game because the in-game model is optimized for preformance.

1 Like

Yea thats what I was thinking in my head beforehand about the polygons. Thanks for the reminder

Just what I was thinking

@moderators I think you can close this

Thanks all!

The 777 release (Among other things) was awesome. The constant nitpicking is super annoying. You guys are questioning minor things that barely anyone would notice.

@Captain_T_Malone he said the 772 was amazing; he was just wondering why they looked different.

Nitpicking. Wondering about something because it was told to him and it turned out to look different.

Big difference 🙂

1 Like

Yes, I was asking why that’s different 😄

@Captain_T_Malone I didn’t said “this needs to be fixed, we can’t live without a detailed landing gear!!! FIX IT!!!”
I just was asking why they look different

1 Like