757 questions

I was curious about the 757. I havent flown it that much but I noticed that every time I land, when all wheels are on the ground, the plane veers to the left by an unseen force. I find this very odd. Does anyone know why this is?

Have you got any crosswinds when it happened?

And due to the 757’s usually big rudder, small movements are already enough to correct for small deviations. Over correcting may result in the plane veering off the runway. Were you applying any rudder pressure?

Some times, but it often happens when there is barely any wind

1 Like

I was not using the rudder, only if I am on the ground and this happens

1 Like

Also check if you have Auto coordination on, if you don’t want your rudder to be affected by the accelerometer you should most probably turn it off since it automatically couples ailerons and rudder.

how do I do that?

1 Like

Go to ‘Settings’ (General) and you will find it.
Uncheck the box and it is disabled.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll give it a try and see how it goes!

1 Like

No problem, always happy to help :)
Please tell me the outcome too so I could know whether it was the problem or not!

2 Likes

On the 757 I think the rudder is very sensitive, maybe oversensitive. But as the developers have said it has to react this way, we should take it for granted. I find this bird very challenging to land , even without barely any wind.

1 Like

agreed there

1 Like

It’s apparently that way IRL too, a real 757 pilot confirmed it on the forum some time ago when the rework was released. It’s a bit of a slippery aircraft with that rudder apparently, lol.

Just a lot of practice required. You need to be at the right speed and have a stable approach - that’s what makes for a good landing. I was pretty bad at first, but now I can consistently land it pretty well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.