748 Question

I was just looking at this image from a IFC post

1 Like

Oh, I’m guessing you’re talking about the maximum flight time the 748 can handle?

2 Likes

Oh you were taking about the max flight time. When you said estimated flight time, it sounded like you were referring to the route

4 Likes

Yes, I was

Sorry about the confusion

3 Likes

Some of those cruise speeds are inaccurate!

I don’t know, I just saved it from a post I saw a while back

1 Like

Is it? To me looks reasonable.

2 Likes

A A319 doesn’t cruise at M0.86

1 Like

Ohh, I missed that

Yea I think that’s pretty fast for a jet like that

1 Like

The Airbus speeds are wrong but the Boeing speeds are good

Oh well, anyways, your flight will most likely be successful. Try referring to the flights IRL, they’re not operated on the 748 but it will be a good source. Also try step climbing if you think it is necessary. Have a good flight!

2 Likes

Actually KoreanAir operates this route with a 748, but due to covid they stopped it.

2 Likes

Ah, I see, I was just looking at the most recent flights, sorry!

1 Like

Here is the fuel burn post

1 Like

I did make a new one not too long ago. The linked one below is the more recent one. B748 numbers are the same. 😜

3 Likes

Lol I was thinking the same thing😂

1 Like

While somewhat true, the main point was to give you a cruise speed that would give you the greatest efficiency. It’s about finding a number that will allow you to fly the quickest, furtherest and the longest while stretching the amount of fuel you have to its absolute limit. 🙂

2 Likes

Here’s a good topic pertaining aircraft cruise speeds

2 Likes

You’d probably be best off taking a full tank. It’ll make it but with only a little left over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.