747 fuselage cut out

A cutout of a 747 fuselage. Showing the levels of a 747.
Thought it was pretty interesting so I decided to share with my fellow community members ☺️image

22 Likes

Such a wonderful aircraft. Before you know it, they will all be extinct.

1 Like

The 747 will still be used for a while longer as a cargo aircraft.

3 Likes

They’re already retiring most of them for the updated version of the plane. Which is also pretty nice, I seen a video taken by a pilot of first class and business

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. I understand an update for passenger travel but not for cargo.

Dang, that’s an interesting photo. Is there a story behind it or did someone spontaneously decide to chop a plane in half 😂

My guess is it was either decommissioned or retired and salvaged for parts? But it’s still very interesting

The nose gear is gone! That’s some crazy balancing act!

1 Like

Kind of reminds me of touch and goes I was doing one time and on for a full stop I forgot to deploy the gear and landed with no gear. Couldn’t figure out why I came to a full stop on the runway and why my thrusters weren’t working 😂

1 Like

Not that crazy… All the weight is at the back haha

3 Likes

Makes for one intersting landing procedure

Nice photo, looks interesting looking at a 74 like that

1 Like

It looks like an Egg

The other half is at the national air and space museum in DC. You can go in the cockpit and the upstairs cabin. i was in it.

1 Like

I can’t wait for them to be gone lol. They are amazing but their era ended. It’s time for the A350 and B777X to take over long hauls.

1 Like

Yeah I was gonna say the nose is probably a museum thingy, I need to go there soon.

@pidge nobody just decides to spontaneously cut a plane in half 😆😆

You’re absolutely right! It’s time for a newer generation of aircraft to take over. Gonna be weird not seeing them though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.