747 fuel levels

Hey guys I’m doing ZSPD to KDTW in the 747-8 right now and I packed 2 hours of extra fuel and I’m still estimated to crash 4 hours before arrival. Any tips to conserve fuel

1 Like

try to cruise as slow as possible perhaps

Trim, altitude, and maybe flaps 5.

1 Like

yeah right i guess

What speed?

270 kts i would saY say SAY

1 Like

That is because the aircraft will be heavy, once you get further in flight you will become lighter (meaning less throttle is required).

2 Likes

The thread I linked below can assist with conserving fuel. Starting at lower altitudes reduces the stress the engines have to withstand to maintain that altitude. As you lose fuel you become lighter and can climb higher while still reducing engine stress which saves fuel.

2 Likes

Ah didn’t think about that, sometimes I can be so dumb 🤦

1 Like

Cruise at M0.80, after that trans-sonic drag kicks in (if that’s simulated), maybe divert to another airport?

Try to increase your trim to about +50% or +60%

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend doing that, the optimum (most fuel effecient) speed is around the .84/.85 mark.

2 Likes

Welp we shall see. Worst comes to worse I fall out of the sky at 4 in the morning

2 Likes

747’s are outdated, they use so much fuel you will probably end up crashing because on long hauls you need like 3-4 hours extra depending on winds and you have maybe an hour left from my experience anyways

I’d suggest 60-70%, and use a fuel that fpltoif.com/simbrief gives you.

Trim seriously does make a massive effect in the 747.

1 Like

Actually I’m not gonna get grade demoted. I’m going to use the 772 😂

If you are worried about falling out the sky when away from your device, consider setting your flaps to 10/20 degrees to save fuel (its a bug/glitch with the physics), it will save you around 2-3,000 kg/h.

3 Likes

There are some good tips here.

1 Like

If worst comes to worst, pick out a few backup airports to land at in case of a fuel emergency. :)

1 Like
  1. Divert to a new destination
  2. Pit stop on the way
  3. Make a proper FPL using SimBrief starting with your next flight and chose 30 minutes extra fuel in the top right “options”