747 flare issue

Does anyone else experience the exaggerated flare that looks like a near tail strike when landing the 747 or is it just me? It seems to always look unnatural and makes it hard to grease with the 747.

I’m not recreating a topic here of the 747 rework (which if you haven’t voted, I think you must Boeing 747 Rework), I’m just asking if it’s just me when the 747 landings look bad on IF.

Are you flaring high? I don’t think it’s an aircraft that flares high anyways. Since we don’t have gear tilt on that aircraft that may be another factor that contributes as to why the flare looks weird.

2 Likes

Also, have you set your trim? Being it’s got older flight physics, you may need a TON of trim for a smooth landing

1 Like

My opinion only (:

I think you need to flare a little higher (Like 40ft), full flaps and most of it, sit in a chair for a better concentration.

Not because its an old aircraft it doesnt mean its impossible to butter it.

2 Likes

Originally when I made this topic, I was just asking if anyone else looks at the landings of 747s on IF the way I do. But it doesn’t really matter I guess. Thanks everyone who has responded and left some landing tips :)

1 Like

Well… imagine the 747 rework in the future, that will change every players how they think about the IF’s 747.

1 Like

It’s sure will. I can’t wait

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.