747-8 Range

So I wanna do a new world’s longest flight (trying for 21hrs). And I’m tired of using the A380, but the 747-8 never seems to be able to do it. The range says an estimated 23hrs 44min. Is this accurate?

That’s not the range, that is the amount of fuel it can hold at max, but it is extremely heavy. The 747-8 can fly to around 8,000 nautical miles. https://www.boeing.com/commercial/747/

1 Like

I know, the range influences the time though. And yeah - I did lots of research; and the IF estimates seem way off.

1 Like

The 747-8 tends to move side to side when it’s heavy though, causing it to waste a large amount of fuel(it once happened to me), meaning that you would have to fly at a lower altitude. It would be best to use the 787 or 777 as they are more fuel efficient.

1 Like

The 748 in game has a range of about 14 hours if you takeoff with MTOW. If you didn’t have pax or cargo probably around 16. If you want 21 one of the 777s or 787s is your best bet.

1 Like

If im trying to do a ultra long haul hour i tend to chose between the the 777 200LR or the 787-9.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, Infinite Flight physics/systems are sometimes totally wack. Take for example the a340, the auto throttle always keeps it at 99%N1, burning fuel like no one’s business. Also, you’ve got to take in wind factors, a headwinds will use more fuel and a tailwind would use less.

On ultra-long hauls I suggest a very lightly loaded (pax & cargo) 777 or 787.

2 Likes

The 777-200ER is the next one down from the a380 I think

1 Like

The 747-8 is too heavy. Try a lighter aircraft like the 787-9, or 777-200LR.

1 Like

Thanks! I try all heavies to see which works best!

1 Like

Thanks! Probably the 777-200LR, right?

Glad i could help! Good luck on your flight.

1 Like

Thanks! I abandoned the 21HR attempt after realizing it wasn’t gonna happen. I am, however, doing a 15HR flight from Frankfurt to Comodoro Rivadavia currently.

1 Like

I recommend the 777-200LR for ultra long range flights.
LR stands for long range 😎

1 Like

I know what it stands for, lmaooo! I just know that IF fuel data isn’t always 100% correct. The longest flight performed by a commercial jet ever, was a test flight preformed by Boeing’s B777-200LR, from Hong Kong (VHHH) to Heathrow (LHR), by going northwest over the Pacific, then through North America, then North into Europe. Lasted 22HRS 45MIN. This was on November 5th of 2005.

2 Likes

I hope I didn’t sound rude or arrogant. Thanks for your advice! :)

1 Like

No you didn’t hehe

1 Like

Alright :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.