i am aware that boeing offered a special dirt field package for the early 737s does anyone know what these extra features were exactly?
edit- i think its actually called gravel kit
It had guards on the landing gear to prevent dirt/gravel from being kicked up into the engine.
oh… i figured it was more than that
- Nose-gear gravel deflector to keep gravel off the underbelly.
- Smaller deflectors on the oversized main gear to prevent damage to the flaps.
- Protective metal shields over hydraulic tubing and brake cables on the main gear strut.
- Protective metal shields over speed brake cables.
- Glass fibre reinforced underside of the inboard flaps.
- Metal edge band on elephant ear faring.
- Abrasion resistant Teflon based paint on wing and fuselage undersurfaces.
- Strengthened under-fuselage aerials.
- Retractable anti-collision light.
- Vortex dissipators fitted to the engine nacelles.
- Screens in the wheel well to protect components against damage.
I just typed in “Boeing 737 Gravel Kit” into Google. It was the second hit.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.