737 climb speed

I’m just wondering what the climb speed of a 737 is, as I usually climb at roughly 2500-3000ft and I cruise at around Mach 0.78. Above 10,000 I speed up to around 300 ish and I don’t know if that’s the appropriate speed or not.

Thanks

I think 280 is mostly used on the 737 above 10,000

3 Likes

and mach is around .76-.79.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong

3 Likes

Hey there! Hope you’re doing well! :)
Feel free to check this out: B737 || Guide
Hope this helps!
From,
Daniel

2 Likes

I personally use this website to find climb charts. I find it pretty reliable to use and it has most of Infinite Flight planes.

1 Like

I mimic realistic A/THR as follows (from my observation of XP11 Zibo Mod):

• At 1000ft AGL, reduce throttle to 5% less than takeoff thrust (should normally be 80-85% N1, which is your climb thrust), lower the nose to 1000-1500 VS and accelerate to 250kt (or as restricted), retracting flaps step by step (you can either hand fly or use AP)
  • When 10kt below speed target start to gradually increase VS so that the speed stops increasing at target speed with provided climb thrust
  • When crossing 10kft:
  1. disconnect SPD if connected, you’ll be at climb thrust when disconnected

2. lower the nose to +1000fpm VS, accelerating to around 290kt (in more complicated sims this is determined by the FMS with the cost index, in IF you can just assume a number)

3. When 10kt below speed target start to gradually increase VS so that the speed stops increasing at target speed with provided climb thrust

• Re-engage SPD when stablized. Adjust VS dynamically to maintain climb thrust

The key is to keep the climb thrust at a constant level.

1 Like

This is what I usually do:
On a flaps 5 takeoff, I retract flaps to 2 at 180-190 knots. At 220 knots, I go clean and continue accelerating to 250 knots.
At 10000, I accelerate to about 292 knots to reach mach 0.78 by 28000 feet. This is the usual cruise speed for the 737.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.