717 Rework

i WANT THIS LIVERY

3 Likes

Did anyone see @infiniteflight_17 insta story?

2 Likes

It means nothing, @Tom_Grollman in a 717 means he’s looking for a new plane to crash

4 Likes

Lol true. But, it was in the generic livery so that kinda makes me suspicious.

2 Likes

Again it’s @Tom_Grollman, I don’t even think he knows how to select a livery other than the generic one since he’s not on par with his grasp of technology.

4 Likes

Don’t want to ruin fresh paint

3 Likes

(Photo Credit: Jarrod Wilkening)

TWA was a large operator of the B712, placing orders for 50 new aircraft in 1998.

2 Likes

To be honest, unlike other old aircraft the 717 actually performs well. It has an interior and has no problem accelerating like the 757. However it would be nice if it would be given some modern updates though.

2 Likes

Maybe a soft Rework like 717 would be good. Like fixing up the textures and adding a few liveries would be awesome, don’t forget wing flex.

2 Likes

The Boeing 717 is really a good airplane, but we regret that we do not have such a plane in China, but we have a similar aircraft, replicating the ARJ-21 aircraft of the 717 passenger aircraft.

1 Like

What about add in the features section wing flex, approach mode & in cabin window view? 😏
Awesome feature request! I’d definitely enjoy flying it more. Voted 💪

1 Like

Bumping this. Hopefully the devs will do something like they did to the A330. Give us realistic physics!

1 Like

There are a lot of missing features from the 717:

1. Wing flex
  2. Visible fan blades when the engines are switched off
  3. Flight physics
  4. Working instruments
  5. Pilots
2 Likes

it would be very good to rework. the physics of this aircraft are very bad.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s really difficult to land the 717 as it may tip over when all the brakes and the trust reversals are fully applied.
More than that, the nose may suddenly tips up or down when the flaps are extended and is likely to crash.

1 Like

For the time being until it is fixed (really need fixing) - try landing the 717 with lower flap settings and higher speeds - around 150/160 knots. Not realistic, I know, but does the job for now in IF; and you can get some nice smooth landings in even with this aircraft.

That said, I would love to see it reworked with better flight physics and ground effect. It would be a joy to fly this one. It is such a popular aircraft IRL.

4 Likes

Made two flights with Volotea and their 717’s this week. And I can say it was definitely a cool and rare aircraft. Got my vote for it! :)

Love to see the current livery of Bangkok Airways 717 before being phased out.
image https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Bangkok_Air_Boeing_717-200_Prasertwit-2.jpg