7 Day Violations Are Too Long

I’ve had a couple violations during global and you know if your’e having a really long flight and after a couple minutes of takeoff you put your’e phone down and just let your’e flight keep going. Then after I came back I had all these violations because I was exceeding the speed limit. I know its my fault for not being responsible enough to set the speed but isn’t 7 days too long? Especially for global when you are over speed limit and you get all these violations and just get ghosted at the end.

2 Likes

Jerome,

We appreciate the feedback! The Expert Server environment should carry some prestige and incentive to be a bit more detail-oriented when flying. Without violations or a system in place our servers would have no differentiating factors. Thanks!

Tyler

12 Likes

I’m guessing there has been a lot of thought about this but put it this way. You are in charge of your own device the same way a pilot is in control of his airplane. It is your responsibility to make sure you don’t go overspeed etc. Therefore I believe it is a reasonable time - the expert server comes with responsibilities, it’s a privilege to fly on the expert server and therefore whilst it may seem long, it acts as a deterrent for people to do wrong and as Tyler said, an incentive to be the best pilot you can be.

1 Like

I agree with that but isn’t a week just to long?

2 Likes

I agree with that but isn’t a week just to long and also its not just on expert its on the training sever also.

I personally do not believe so. We have studied many violations and ghosts and have found the best result was at a week. Most don’t care about a 1 day or 3 day stretch, simply repeating the same behavior with the expectation that they’ll be back in business shortly.

Long-term our goal is a more progressive system which escalates each offense, eventually restricting access for lengthy periods if you’re a frequent offender.

Be a little more deliberate in your flying and stay tuned for future changes. 🙂

4 Likes

So for like example I get like 3 violations in one flight its not 3 weeks you have to wait right?

You’re not restricted for 3 weeks. To break it down even further… the training server requires grade 1. This means you must receive less than 5 violations in a single day or 25 within a week to keep your Training Server Access.

The Expert Server allows 2 violations in a day or no more than 3 in a week to keep access. This is very conservative. The Expert Server does carry a more severe penalty if violations are ignored long enough to result in a system ghost.

C98A98C8-375D-4040-BBAE-A7EE712F0C25

5 Likes

It’s sad that after all the time and effort to make IF a truly awesome and realistic flight sim a lot of people are still treating it as a game.

Don’t get a violation then…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.