6am School-Day Spotting

Hello all.

Backstory time: (skip to 1 paragraph down if you don’t feel like reading)
So basically I’ve been trying to spot the United Star Wars livery for many months now. Every few days i would check the flight schedule of that aircraft to see if it would come to Phoenix. Now it did come a about 3 times within the previous 5-6 months but it all came in the middle of a school day. Now let’s come to today. I hadn’t check it’s schedule for a few days and I happened to be looking at the new messages in a PM I’m in with fellow Phoenix members. One of them happened to have photos of it on the ramp of yesterday. This got me really anxious again because me not having checked it’s schedule for a few days, it came to Phoenix without me knowing. I immediately dived into researched into when it was leaving. It was supposed to depart tat 2:30 pm to IAH, but that never happened. It pushbacked, but then taxied back to the gate. Some sort of issue. So then I waited another hour while I was frantically trying to figure out when it leaves and it said. May 13, 6am to DEN and I’m like great. It’s 6am on a school day which for me school starts at 8:45 so I’m like this could work. I’m just gonna shorten it for y’all, after a long amount of convincing, we were gonna wake up at 4:45am to see this bad boy. So here we are now. Btw I’m at school extremely tired making this topic rn. here’s a 🍪 if you read the whole thing

Alright continue onto the other photos I took

ETOPS Max to Nashville 👀. Super excited about the new Hawaii routes

FedEx 757 off to somewhere

Dat wing flex tho 💪

2000th 737 Nex Gen

Western Global plane operating for UPS on the decel

Another southwest 737 with a lovely backdrop

Frontier off to somewhere. I’m to lazy to go back and check the destinations

Alaska 739 to Seattle (this one I remember)

Delta 321 to Salt Lake of my City

And after screwing me over and taking off on 8, which is now backlit because of the suns position, here’s this trouble child off to Denver. Still happy I at least can say I’ve spotted it.

And that’s all for today. Im about to fall asleep

Favorite

0 voters

Rate!

0 voters

Hope to go spotting again soon.

Adios

50 Likes

What the heck

1 Like

Awesome Shots!

Why was this flagged?

1 Like

Confusión 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mods what happened

I didn’t do anything

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

You bullied your sleep schedule again, yay!

Awesome photos too!

1 Like

Ah yes, my favorite past-time

2 Likes

Wait, you’re allowed to do this at school?
@Butter_Boi well every SINGLE of us in aviation/IF bullies our sleep schedule

Great photos!

3 Likes

that FedEx 757 picture is amazing!
And good luck at school :)

1 Like

787 enters the chat

2 Likes

I went spotting before school. My weights instructor isn’t here so I basically have a free period currently

Thanks a bunch!

Thank you! 1 more hour to go

Ooh nice! A welcome break away from the stressful normal school day

1 Like

What was now a peaceful room is now chaos

Not me, unless it’s something like a DC-8 or DC-9 I like to get a good 8-10 hours of sleep (but I only get 5 or 6 if I’m lucky).

1 Like

For me it’s an A318 (rare), A340-500/600 (very rare), 767-200/ER (rare), 727 (very rare) or MD80/90/DC9

2 Likes

Is it just me, or are the split scimitars on the NG and MAX different? The MAX seems to be more angled

1 Like

That’s because the max’s winglets is a mix of Split Scimitars and raked winglets

1 Like

Oh yeah. Thanks a lot.
I used to think a lot over this.

1 Like

The NG uses Split Scimitars, the MAX uses AT, while similar at a visual scale are much different in terms of efficiency and aerodynamics. here is actually a pretty cool image of 2 UA 737’s, a MAX-9 in the foreground and a -800 in the background to see the difference:

(Twitter)

2 Likes