500 reply limit

So my friends and I have a chat PM and we have had to remake many many times due to the 500 reply limit. I think it should go to 1,000.

• Stay at 500
  • Go to 1,000

0 voters

1 Like

It stays at 500 for a reason to avoid spam

2 Likes

This should be in #general or #meta not #live - #live is for IF Live related things.

I think it should be 1000.

2 Likes

What could you possibly be doing that requires over 500 posts?

1 Like

Group chat PM’s.

3 Likes

Well that’s not the reason for the IFC

1 Like

We do group flights and chats on iPads.

2 Likes

I think it should 1,000
Especially with how many people are I’m in a pm with I tend to wake up with 50-30 replys

1 Like

Group Flight PMs or PMs for Large Events

4 Likes

Private Messages and the community itself are not a chat room. You may use Slack or anything else to chat with fellow members or organize flights, etc…

1 Like

If it’s only for group flights the 500 limit should take a while

What if it’s a chat between people about a big formation flight they are planning?

If you want create a free slack workspace and just invite the other community members in the PM for chat

4 Likes

Smartest thing i’ve heard in AGES. Tysm.

2 Likes

Haven’t ever been told that…

2 Likes

I’m in a group chat with 6 (I think) regulars, we chat daily, but we still have enough space to chat daily. Oh wait, that’s the 5th PM…

A Friendly chat? Well, if you have reached this much replies, there is no point really creating another PM. Now at this point I recommend creating a Discord Server (Like my friends did) to supply you a full access to nonstop chatting (unless I am missing something that requires Discord Nitro).

1 Like

There is soooo many chatting platforms out there that you can discuss your flights on, rather than a IFC PM. Slack and Discord are awesome options for messaging eachother if you don’t want a 500 reply limit.

And also, @Qantas094 actually had a really good idea of having event chats within a Slack Workspace, kudos to him for that idea, as there is no chat limit in Slack, and makes it really organized.

4 Likes

Admins can change the value. However, Discourse is not a chat room, not is a PM

1 Like

I feel it should stay as it is.

I honestly get annoyed when a certain PM needs to be stretched into like 5 individual PM’s. It almost makes me not want to participate anymore. PM’s were never meant for general discussions about the real-world, but rather to notify someone about a mistake, an event etc.

So, it’s a no for me.

3 Likes