4th of July flying

Hi I wanted to know if takeoffs on the 4th of July are steeper than normal takeoffs I not going to be flying on the 4th of July I just wondered about this

1 Like

Not sure, but my friends at google search can help just tell them I sent you and you should have expedited support.

3 Likes

OK thanks very much for that

Steeper than normal? You mean to take off over the fireworks at the end of the runway? Not really. Many airports have a clearing at the ends of the runway for safety reasons. This already gives them enough obstacle clearance. Speaking of, I need to schedule myself it rent an aircraft to do 4th of July flying at night. Its a little tradition that I have created since getting my license years ago. I get the best seat in the city to watch fireworks.

3 Likes

You mean planes literally takeoff differently just because it 4 of July? I’m not sure, but if it is, what a dumb idea.

1 Like

They don’t take off differently.

2 Likes

Oh boy. Planes takeoff normal during 4th of July nothing changes just because there’s fireworks. Except maybe a TFR over big firework displays

3 Likes

Absolutely! Max climb out and inverted to FL240 :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.