45th Anniversary of Tenerife Airport Disaster

The Tenerife airport disaster occurred on March 27, 1977, when two Boeing 747 passenger jets, operating KLM Flight 4805 and Pan Am Flight 1736 , collided on the runway at Los Rodeos Airport on the Spanish island of Tenerife.

Flight History:

Tenerife was an unscheduled stop for both flights. Their destination was Gran Canaria Airport (also known as Las Palmas Airport or Gando Airport), serving Las Palmas on the nearby island of Gran Canaria. Both islands are part of the Canary Islands, an autonomous community of Spain located in the Atlantic Ocean off the southwest coast of Morocco.

My Flight:

Pan Am Flight 1736 had originated at Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX), with an intermediate stop at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (KJFK).

🛫 KLAX - KJFK - GCXO 🛬
4:26 + 6:10
B742
Pax: 380 / 396
Crew: 16

Ready for Take-Off

Landing at KJFK

Ready for Pushback

KJFK View

Landing at Runway 30

KLM Flight 4805 was a charter flight for Holland International Travel Group and had arrived from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands

🛫 EHAM - GCXO 🛬
4:20
B742
Pax: 234 / 248
Crew: 14

Boarding at Gate

Ready for Take-off

V1. . Rotate. . V2. . .

Tenerife Island

Landing at Runway 12

👨‍✈️ Thank you for watching 👩‍✈️

For more awesome photos, just check on my:

Instagram

Other of my topics:

Widen Your World with Turkish Airlines

Project Sunrise

More Info:

18 Likes

Aren’t you only supposed to do 1 flight per #screenshots-and-videos topic?

There’s no rules on one flight per topic. What’s not allowed is create more than 1 topic

7 Likes

Wow very nice! 45 years of aviation has definitely improved a lot so this would never happen again. Really nice flights though

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I agree, Aviation has been improved & more safer now a days.

Canary Island is a worth it to fly. Great scenery

1 Like

i was about to create this myself

detailed discription- What REALLY Caused the Tenerife Airport Disaster?! The WORST Aviation Accident in History - YouTube

also to those who do not know
-this accident was the worst ever recorded accident killing 583 people!
-aviation has greatly improved over the past 45 years
‘in memory of those lost this day 45 years ago’

1 Like

Hey, yes, I remember and saw a check on the internet for google information also on Television last year. It was very sad.

1 Like