3D Trees

So as we get further into the future of global in Infinite Flight, I felt as if this was the appropriate time to request this idea, 3D trees. 🌲 (Perhaps this can the considered once the whole globe is covered in 15mm imagery.)

Now I know that right now this wouldn’t be possible as of now due to issues there would be in image streaming, but in the future with the possibility of 3D buildings, I thought that it could come with it or at a time near it.

Pros:
• Adds more realism
• Looks pretty (Imagine some airports completely surrounded by trees…
• Could be shown until a certain altitude
• Option to turn it off
• Have a graphics setting for the trees
• Etc.

Cons:
• Temporary issues with image streaming
• More processing power (RAM)
• Might be very pixelated
• Could cause scenery glitches
• Etc.

What do you think about this idea? If it’s good then why not drop a vote for it? 🤷‍♂️ If not then could you tell me why?

Image from FSX. (I tried to find a flight sim pic so you could have a good understanding of what it could possibly look like. Plus there aren’t any 3D buildings at the airport in front except for a tiny one… If I need to change it though, then please let me know.) (:

Source for image

I am trying to vote for this, but need to see which rework I should pull out of.

We don’t have 3D anything so I guess this would be a good place to start.

26 Likes

I would love this! It would make approaching airports so much more scenic. You have my vote! Don’t forget to vote for your own request!

7 Likes

I think we can dream…

12 Likes

I think we can invision! :)

9 Likes

Imagine GA flying, and passing all those trees on the ground. That would be cool 😍. And it doesnt have to be multiple tree types, It could be like generic trees.

Great Idea! You got my vote.

9 Likes

Awesome and yeah! I’ve always dreamed of flying a plane and passing over this! It always gets me goosebumps!

4 Likes

Great idea for the future! You got my vote without hesitation because the realism is lacking in the sim and trees would be another nice thing to look at, we just need the technology so the addition of trees doesn’t crash the game.
Imagine the Amazon forest detailed to a lookalike of real life.

5 Likes

Awesome! And thanks for the vote!

2 Likes

Trees will make the earth more earth-like. When I look at my home England, it looks like an alternate world.

3 Likes

This would be cool to have but most of the flight is in the sky so personally I think clouds would be much better than trees but trees would add realism into the sim

4 Likes

Yeah especially when you land at EGLL in IF, it looks like a desert lol.

7 Likes

I think this would be a bit easier than buildings. 👍🏻👍🏻

8 Likes

Yes I agree, starts 3D things but doesn’t make it too much data as the trees don’t need to be an amazing quality

3 Likes

Yeah me too! Their smaller model, same use of colors, and even the cloning of them sure would be a good first step for 3D objects other than aircraft.

1 Like

Yeah especially from a high altitude they look great anyways.

1 Like

As mobile devices get faster and FDS optimise game better hopefully this can be possible one day.

1 Like

Yeah. One day, and like I said, there could also be an option to enable and disable it. As well as how high you want the graphics for trees to be. :)

1 Like

This would be cool ))))

1 Like

it will take too much memory. Even Ipad won’t be good to fly in IF. So sadly, it’s won’t be very soon or we never will see it.

2 Likes