3D Buildings

Not a bad suggestion, however I believe - don’t take my word for it - that they would work in coordination with the Airport Editing Team. They have more experience in this field than us, but it’s not a bad idea. Maybe they’ll allow us to help with other features.

1 Like

Sounds like the community rly wants 3D buildings would they say it is a must have not sure some may some might. It may come down to that later when it IF has to stay with the pack of Mobile Sims. The bottom line is that if they are going to try do the entire world and that could take years to make. If we could request them to take there time and do the larger airports first all arround and have a staggered start. This would help us have a point to the other sims like “Ya you may have 3D airports and vehicles but do you have this detailed planes and airports which there working on.” It would keep the golden standard for IF as the best Mobile Sim on any platform!!!

Yes, They need to have a staggered start. They can’t do everything all in once. For example they can start with the small int’l and reg’l airports and see if it would work with all devices

1 Like

We don’t need 3D buildings. The last thing people need is a reason to buy a new device every 2 months because their current device can’t handle the game after only one update. 👎

2 Likes

straight facts right there

1 Like

This is not true. The game has already capable of having buildings and the devs have already slipped aside some space for this because they are aware of this. This will not make you buy a new device every 2 months that would be ridiculous.

from what I have heard

Well, for that they would at least need to finish the project metal, and then, as Philippe said in the development timeline and then casually showed it his experiments on twitter (btw that looks super dope) it seems they won’t arrive soon, and that’s not even talking how will the data for them will be sorced. I mean, if even microsoft has their ups and downs, how will a company with a few developers will do it. I want them just like you do, but for now I think there are too much performance constrains (because they can’t just make the sim so resource extensive it would require the flagship phones to run) and no way to get the data without very costly AI driven analysis and generation and stuff.

2 Likes

Honestly if 3D buildings were a thing in if, it would be the best mobile flight simulator without contest. But I do understand that this is a really big task to tackle. I just hope that it will happen within the next couple years.

2 Likes

That’s a one dimensional view on things. Fact is: other sims are capable of integrating buildings in a sim (also using a global scenary). So it is possible serving this feature to a wider range of users otherwise they won’t do it. And in addition to that: you are also able, as a software provider to add level of detail. (which already exists). So it’s your choice as a User to activate or deactivate them. Dependent on your hardware settings. So in conclusion: Why to keep the standard low for everyone? Why not thinking about cutting the edge with newest graphic settings even if they are not available to everyone? Just my opinion.