3D Buildings

Laura actually said recently that they are building software that will eventually make it easier to add buildings. Check the ‘Evolution of Global Flight’ topic if you don’t believe me. (You’ll probably have to scroll up a few hundred comments to find the right post)

3 Likes

I think it’s a pretty nice development imho 😆. Although I believe it won’t be implemented in near future as some of IF User’ phones don’t have an enough memory to handle it at the moment and the system may takes a long time too I guess

3 Likes

In an instagram post on Laura’s account somebody asked if 3D buildings would be added and she said No, but the satellite terrain we will use will make it a bigger possibly of getting 3D buildings in the future

1 Like

I think it would be cool to see 3D terminals and jetways
I would actually be fine just with 3D white blocks for a terminal lmao

4 Likes

I don’t really care for these. The rendering of the buildings will kill most people’s devices in my opinion.

Not really because FDS is adding the whole world to IF (global) and that isn’t going to kill some devices, that is why they made this topic

Phillipe even said that to handle future updates the minimum device requirement will be higher than before

3 Likes

One thing- it may cause lag and glitches, especially with the release of global

Might be worth seeing if something is set in place such that when you’re below 10,000 ft, buildings are rendered to provide added realism, and then the higher you go past 10,000 ft, the rendering reverts back to satellite imagery, because by that time, buildings are all really small and negligible. A compromise of sorts.

5 Likes

I like the idea, just don’t render cities and houses, etc. Only airports, and approach visual landmarks.

4 Likes

That would be cool, but idk how FDS would ever be able to do that

1 Like

Would probably have to be on a future PC version I suspect.

1 Like

Also if they could add buildings around Airports so we could find them in foggy weather.

The game is currently over 1gb

[ two years later… ]

3 Likes

Oh, you’re right 😂 My bad

1 Like

We wont be seeing these for years in IF mobile, devices would just crash.

2 Likes

Haha, on the “Humorous Live Photos” there would be planes sticking their noses into their terminals

2 Likes

This is a great idea. Stop worrying about the storage and compatibility. We can always worry about that later. Why not take this great idea into consideration? I voted btw! :)

3 Likes

I wonder when after global they will add them.

I find this very interesting and know that it will be possible, maybe not now, but in the near future yes. 3D buildings don’t bring much lag compared to weather. As the IF staff are extremely busy with Global, which I know will be a stunning upgrade for IF, and a long wait that is totally worth it! The IF staff will only get to that later. Again, this would be an awesome idea to do in the near future.