34 years of American in Miami

Today 34 years ago, American Airlines established a new hub at an airport after purchasing Eastern Airlines Central and South American routes later on AA would expand this airport with more Latin American routes, flights all over the United States 🇺🇸 flights to Europe and even Asia and made it I believe their 2nd biggest hub 🥈 the gold medal obviously going to Dallas DFW 🥇it was and still is in my opinion the best AA hub ladies and gentlemen I present you

Miami International Airport ( KMIA )

All these shots were taken today of me taxiing and departing out of their best hub en route to Liberia, Costa Rica 🇨🇷

Pushed back from gate D5 on our way to Liberia when this chrome Boeing 737-800 took off!

On our way to Runway 8R for departure while looking at AAs North Terminal Concourse D where they call “home” here at MIA!

It has 55 gates not including the regional sections where American Eagle operates from using aircraft like this Embraer E175

Here we are, taking off RWY 8R done this so many times never get old. And look! the same chrome 737 is coming in to land on RWY 8L

Birds Eye view of AAs home here in Miami 🏝️😎 off we go to Costa Rica!

Look over the 305 🏝️😎 below is Biscayne Bay, Fisher Island, Virginia Key, Miami and South Beach, Star Islands, Port Miami, Downtown Miami, Brickell and Brickell Key. I love this place, both the city and airport.

Let’s go 34yrs of MIA 💪🏝️😎 hopefully more to come!

19 Likes

I’ve been there! Not a great airport. Though these pictures are!

3 Likes

That chrome 737 is 🔥🔥😍😍

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more wish more planes kept that livery like a few United aircraft still carry the Continental livery

1 Like

I’ve been on the retro Continental 737-900er before
An absolutely stunning livery!

1 Like

I was there just over a year ago and i liked it, the architecture of the place is amazing, especially the food there too

1 Like

The roofs are falling in some parts of the airport and they don’t clean a lot of the main public places. If the city actually invested money on the airport it would be very beautiful.

2 Likes

Years of storms battering on the roof I agree they should consider updating parts of the airport

1 Like

Liberia Airport? Are you thinking of the same one?

1 Like

Agree with @Darkspoul, Liberia is a pretty great airport, nice terminal. Use to go to Costa Rica yearly, went about 8 times in a row, if you think it isn’t a great airport, I wonder what you would’ve said about the old terminal there. That was a mess.

Also great pictures for the OP!

3 Likes

Thank youuu

1 Like

Every time I’ve been, the check in and security is super crowded and HOT. The terminal has a weird seating situation, and like 3 places (which are way overpriced) to get food.

honestly every time they said “pura vida” after serving the food made me love it lol

1 Like

And yes, we are :)

1 Like

This is the average Central American airport ;)

1 Like

Liberia is one of the nicest ones.

1 Like

What would you say the worst is? I believe the best is San Jose Airport.

The old terminal (which is now the GA terminal) was basically just a big shack with pretty much no walls, 2 security lanes that had wait times that took forever, about 3 gates leading to an insane amount of overcrowding, and since there weren’t any walls to the outside it was just sitting in humidity waiting for your plane. The new terminal is actually nice. The overcrowding isn’t new, but it’s why you go for priority security options when you can 😉

Go to San Pedro Sula ;)

1 Like

Tho San José airport is the best, just saying Liberia was one of the nicer ones.
(From the small ones)